May 5, 2010, 1:44 PM EST
And welcome to the TMZ segment of PBT today….
Dwyane Wade is in the middle of a messy divorce and custody battle, one that may keep him off Team USA this summer. One which has now gotten even messier. The Associated Press has some details for you:
The estranged wife of Dwyane Wade has filed suit against his actress girlfriend Gabrielle Union, saying their relationship has caused the star Miami Heat guard’s two sons emotional distress.
Dwyane Wade called the lawsuit “baseless and meritless,” and Union issued a statement insisting the allegations are false.
Siohvaughn Wade filed the suit in Chicago this week, adding yet another chapter to the lengthy divorce saga between the former high school sweethearts who separated more than two years ago. She and Dwyane Wade had two sons, ages 8 and 2, who are listed as plaintiffs.
The lawsuit goes into more details about what Union and Wade allegedly did in front of the children that scared them such. As we said, this has all been vehemently denied.
These two boys are being used as pawns in an ugly, War of the Roses-caliber divorce, and that is what is really sad. It’s sad that a high school sweetheart’s relationship can dissolve into this ugly fight. A fight that is about money — it’s always about money — but also about humiliating the other side. Fair and reasonable for the sake of the children has left the building.
Now, I’m going to go take a shower and get this off me.
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 19
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 62
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13