May 5, 2010, 1:44 PM EDT
And welcome to the TMZ segment of PBT today….
Dwyane Wade is in the middle of a messy divorce and custody battle, one that may keep him off Team USA this summer. One which has now gotten even messier. The Associated Press has some details for you:
The estranged wife of Dwyane Wade has filed suit against his actress girlfriend Gabrielle Union, saying their relationship has caused the star Miami Heat guard’s two sons emotional distress.
Dwyane Wade called the lawsuit “baseless and meritless,” and Union issued a statement insisting the allegations are false.
Siohvaughn Wade filed the suit in Chicago this week, adding yet another chapter to the lengthy divorce saga between the former high school sweethearts who separated more than two years ago. She and Dwyane Wade had two sons, ages 8 and 2, who are listed as plaintiffs.
The lawsuit goes into more details about what Union and Wade allegedly did in front of the children that scared them such. As we said, this has all been vehemently denied.
These two boys are being used as pawns in an ugly, War of the Roses-caliber divorce, and that is what is really sad. It’s sad that a high school sweetheart’s relationship can dissolve into this ugly fight. A fight that is about money — it’s always about money — but also about humiliating the other side. Fair and reasonable for the sake of the children has left the building.
Now, I’m going to go take a shower and get this off me.
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 16
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 21
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 6
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 47
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 64
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 18
- Report: Lakers, Byron Scott agree to four-year, $17 million deal to coach team 16