May 5, 2010, 2:45 PM EST
Defense wins championships. Or, at least you gets you into the playoffs.
That’s the one easy takeaway from the announcement of the NBA All-Defensive teams. There are no shocks on here, everyone belongs, which is what you get when the coaches vote and not media members paid by teams who have their own agendas. Of course, a couple coaches gave Joe Johnson a vote, so clearly they are not infallible.
The coaches also vote Tim Duncan in as a center, as it should be. Not that “forward” crap the Spurs sell with their All-Star voting each year. He hasn’t been a forward since David Robinson retired.
Dwight Howard had the most votes, followed by Rajon Rondo and LeBron James. Here’s the whole list.
Dwight Howard, Center, Orlando
LeBron James, Forward, Cleveland
Gerald Wallace, Forward, Charlotte
Rajon Rondo, Guard,
Kobe Bryant, Guard, L.A.
NBA All-Defensive Second Team
Tim Duncan, Center, San Antonio
Josh Smith, Forward, Atlanta
Anderson Varejao, Forward, Cleveland
Thabo Sefolosha, Guard, Oklahoma City
Dwyane Wade, Guard, Miami
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 17
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 15
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 28
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 42
- Extra Pass: Golden State Warriors defending at historically high level 5