May 5, 2010, 2:45 PM EDT
Defense wins championships. Or, at least you gets you into the playoffs.
That’s the one easy takeaway from the announcement of the NBA All-Defensive teams. There are no shocks on here, everyone belongs, which is what you get when the coaches vote and not media members paid by teams who have their own agendas. Of course, a couple coaches gave Joe Johnson a vote, so clearly they are not infallible.
The coaches also vote Tim Duncan in as a center, as it should be. Not that “forward” crap the Spurs sell with their All-Star voting each year. He hasn’t been a forward since David Robinson retired.
Dwight Howard had the most votes, followed by Rajon Rondo and LeBron James. Here’s the whole list.
Dwight Howard, Center, Orlando
LeBron James, Forward, Cleveland
Gerald Wallace, Forward, Charlotte
Rajon Rondo, Guard,
Kobe Bryant, Guard, L.A.
NBA All-Defensive Second Team
Tim Duncan, Center, San Antonio
Josh Smith, Forward, Atlanta
Anderson Varejao, Forward, Cleveland
Thabo Sefolosha, Guard, Oklahoma City
Dwyane Wade, Guard, Miami
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 9
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 20
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 12