May 5, 2010, 2:45 PM EDT
Defense wins championships. Or, at least you gets you into the playoffs.
That’s the one easy takeaway from the announcement of the NBA All-Defensive teams. There are no shocks on here, everyone belongs, which is what you get when the coaches vote and not media members paid by teams who have their own agendas. Of course, a couple coaches gave Joe Johnson a vote, so clearly they are not infallible.
The coaches also vote Tim Duncan in as a center, as it should be. Not that “forward” crap the Spurs sell with their All-Star voting each year. He hasn’t been a forward since David Robinson retired.
Dwight Howard had the most votes, followed by Rajon Rondo and LeBron James. Here’s the whole list.
Dwight Howard, Center, Orlando
LeBron James, Forward, Cleveland
Gerald Wallace, Forward, Charlotte
Rajon Rondo, Guard,
Kobe Bryant, Guard, L.A.
NBA All-Defensive Second Team
Tim Duncan, Center, San Antonio
Josh Smith, Forward, Atlanta
Anderson Varejao, Forward, Cleveland
Thabo Sefolosha, Guard, Oklahoma City
Dwyane Wade, Guard, Miami
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 2
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 22
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 18