May 5, 2010, 2:45 PM EDT
Defense wins championships. Or, at least you gets you into the playoffs.
That’s the one easy takeaway from the announcement of the NBA All-Defensive teams. There are no shocks on here, everyone belongs, which is what you get when the coaches vote and not media members paid by teams who have their own agendas. Of course, a couple coaches gave Joe Johnson a vote, so clearly they are not infallible.
The coaches also vote Tim Duncan in as a center, as it should be. Not that “forward” crap the Spurs sell with their All-Star voting each year. He hasn’t been a forward since David Robinson retired.
Dwight Howard had the most votes, followed by Rajon Rondo and LeBron James. Here’s the whole list.
Dwight Howard, Center, Orlando
LeBron James, Forward, Cleveland
Gerald Wallace, Forward, Charlotte
Rajon Rondo, Guard,
Kobe Bryant, Guard, L.A.
NBA All-Defensive Second Team
Tim Duncan, Center, San Antonio
Josh Smith, Forward, Atlanta
Anderson Varejao, Forward, Cleveland
Thabo Sefolosha, Guard, Oklahoma City
Dwyane Wade, Guard, Miami
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 0
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 1
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 20
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 0
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 6
- Pat Riley: ‘No more smiling faces with hidden agendas.’ That’s totally about LeBron, right? 33
- Report: One Trail Blazers player gives LaMarcus Aldridge just 50-50 chance of re-signing 10