May 5, 2010, 2:45 PM EDT
Defense wins championships. Or, at least you gets you into the playoffs.
That’s the one easy takeaway from the announcement of the NBA All-Defensive teams. There are no shocks on here, everyone belongs, which is what you get when the coaches vote and not media members paid by teams who have their own agendas. Of course, a couple coaches gave Joe Johnson a vote, so clearly they are not infallible.
The coaches also vote Tim Duncan in as a center, as it should be. Not that “forward” crap the Spurs sell with their All-Star voting each year. He hasn’t been a forward since David Robinson retired.
Dwight Howard had the most votes, followed by Rajon Rondo and LeBron James. Here’s the whole list.
Dwight Howard, Center, Orlando
LeBron James, Forward, Cleveland
Gerald Wallace, Forward, Charlotte
Rajon Rondo, Guard,
Kobe Bryant, Guard, L.A.
NBA All-Defensive Second Team
Tim Duncan, Center, San Antonio
Josh Smith, Forward, Atlanta
Anderson Varejao, Forward, Cleveland
Thabo Sefolosha, Guard, Oklahoma City
Dwyane Wade, Guard, Miami
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 0
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 16
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 58
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 4
- Hawks’ excellent season shouldn’t be discredited because of playoff exit 24
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 82
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5