May 5, 2010, 10:51 PM EDT
Seriously, Chris, they bought your jerseys and everything.
A day after Raptors’ star free agent Chris Bosh showed up at Staples for a Lakers playoff game, and less than a week after asking people via Twitter where he should go and then if he should “go,” Bosh is at it again, making headlines and knifing the hearts of Raptors fans.
Chris Young of the Toronto Star reported it first, Bosh changed the details of his Twitter page today, moving the location from Toronto to “Everywhere” and removed references to him being the Raptors’ captain from his account.
So now Bosh has publicly opened the door to everyone on his decision, forcing Raptors to watch him elect not to return, has showed up at a Lakers game clearly reveling in the attention, and is now removing references to his team from his social media account. It’s not a slap in the face, but it’s not a firm hug, either.
It’s pretty evident from Bosh’s rather public requests for affection that he’s looking to greener pastures. The hype that’s progressively grown about Bosh as the best available free agent on the market has gone nuclear since Dwyane Wade’s public comments about him likely returning to Miami. And that hype may have gone to his head, as his behavior lately has seemingly been geared specifically to garner more attention.
To some degree the Twitter changes are normal. He’s technically no longer going to be a Raptor during his free agency, and therefore, not a captain, and besides, captains are decided yearly.
But it’s the cumulative nature of the acts that leads you to believe he’s having fun with the attention, and loving the power he wields this summer, especially if options 1A and 1B (LeBron James and Dwyane Wade) opt to stay home. But it would be nice if he were to recognize that there are people who have loved him since he came to Toronto that are dying watching him laugh at the burning ashes of his time with them.
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 0
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 3
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 8
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 3
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 24
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 6