May 4, 2010, 2:16 PM EDT
With some key players hinting they are not going to play this summer, the team USA Roster — and invites to camp this summer in July — is in flux.
Today USA Basketball added two star rookies — Stephen Curry and Tyreke Evans — and another young player in Jeff Green to the roster. Then they also brought back a veteran: 2008 gold medalist Tayshaun Prince.
The Team USA Roster is now at 31, clearly more than they are going to take to Turkey for the FIBA World Championships this summer. Not all of those 31 will show up for camp. Of those that do, the number will be whittled down at a training camp in Vegas this July to 15. Clearly some of the invitees — such as Curry and Evans — were about getting people involved in the system rather than plans for this summer.
Just for fun, here are the other 27 invitees to the camp this summer:
Carmelo Anthony (Denver Nuggets); Carlos Boozer (Utah Jazz); Chris Bosh (Toronto Raptors); Kobe Bryant (Los Angeles Lakers); Dwight Howard (Orlando Magic); LeBron James (Cleveland Cavaliers); Chris Paul (New Orleans Hornets); Dwyane Wade (Miami Heat); and Deron Williams (Utah Jazz); Lamar Odom (Los Angeles Lakers); Amar’e Stoudemire (Phoenix Suns); LaMarcus Aldridge (Portland Trail Blazers); Chauncey Billups (Denver Nuggets); Kevin Durant (Oklahoma City Thunder); Rudy Gay (Memphis Grizzlies); Eric Gordon (Los Angeles Clippers); Danny Granger (Indiana Pacers); Andre Iguodala (Philadelphia 76ers); Al Jefferson (Minnesota Timberwolves); David Lee (New York Knicks); Brook Lopez (New Jersey Nets); Kevin Love (Minnesota Timberwolves); O.J. Mayo (Memphis Grizzlies); Kendrick Perkins (Boston Celtics); Derrick Rose (Chicago Bulls); Gerald Wallace (Charlotte Bobcats) and Russell Westbrook (Oklahoma City Thunder).
- PBT Extra: Who wins Game 5 between Spurs, Clippers? Flip a coin. 1
- PBT Extra: Rockets must adjust to new Mavericks starting lineup in Game 5 3
- Portland comes from 10 down in fourth quarter to win 99-92, stay alive in series 5
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 20
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 11
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 7
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 42