May 4, 2010, 6:59 PM EDT
Andrei Kirilenko’s calf could be a deciding factor in the Lakers/Jazz second round series… and it’s still not right.
Kirilenko will not suit up for game two tonight in Staples Center. He told the Salt Lake Tribune’s Ross Siler and others he might be ready for game three. Maybe. But Kirilenko thought he would be ready for game six of last series, he tends to be a bit optimistic about these things.
The Jazz need him. They are undermanned against the long and active front lone of the Lakers. Kirilenko would start to balance the scales.
But not until his calf lets him.
- Ray Allen on making a decision about next season: “I’m not in any rush” 7
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 2
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 22
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 6