May 4, 2010, 6:59 PM EST
Andrei Kirilenko’s calf could be a deciding factor in the Lakers/Jazz second round series… and it’s still not right.
Kirilenko will not suit up for game two tonight in Staples Center. He told the Salt Lake Tribune’s Ross Siler and others he might be ready for game three. Maybe. But Kirilenko thought he would be ready for game six of last series, he tends to be a bit optimistic about these things.
The Jazz need him. They are undermanned against the long and active front lone of the Lakers. Kirilenko would start to balance the scales.
But not until his calf lets him.
- Wednesday night NBA Grades: LaMarcus Aldridge is a flat out stud 2
- Arena evacuated after fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 12
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 11
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 5
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 25
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)