May 4, 2010, 8:12 AM EDT
You’re sitting in the Stout Ale House in Wisconsin, having just finished watching the Bucks ad Hawks game seven, wearing your “Fear the Deer” T-shirt, drowning your sorrows — when it became literally time to fear the deer.
That’s because two disoriented and frightened deer crashed through the front door of the pub and went running through the restaurant, as reported by the Associated Press.
The first deer apparently hurt itself, bloodying its snout and becoming dazed, said Jay Ouellette, general manager of the Stout Ale House. Two customers were able to safely wrestle it to the ground.
The other deer fled into a private room. Cornered deer can be dangerous because they kick and bite, but a restaurant worker managed to wrestle that animal down as well, Ouellette said.
The animals were released. Nobody was injured. But the whole thing was a little freaky. I mean, just watch the surveillance video from the restaurant.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 3
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 7
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4