May 4, 2010, 8:12 AM EDT
You’re sitting in the Stout Ale House in Wisconsin, having just finished watching the Bucks ad Hawks game seven, wearing your “Fear the Deer” T-shirt, drowning your sorrows — when it became literally time to fear the deer.
That’s because two disoriented and frightened deer crashed through the front door of the pub and went running through the restaurant, as reported by the Associated Press.
The first deer apparently hurt itself, bloodying its snout and becoming dazed, said Jay Ouellette, general manager of the Stout Ale House. Two customers were able to safely wrestle it to the ground.
The other deer fled into a private room. Cornered deer can be dangerous because they kick and bite, but a restaurant worker managed to wrestle that animal down as well, Ouellette said.
The animals were released. Nobody was injured. But the whole thing was a little freaky. I mean, just watch the surveillance video from the restaurant.
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 31
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 24
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 41
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 31
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 15
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 58
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 91