May 4, 2010, 8:12 AM EST
You’re sitting in the Stout Ale House in Wisconsin, having just finished watching the Bucks ad Hawks game seven, wearing your “Fear the Deer” T-shirt, drowning your sorrows — when it became literally time to fear the deer.
That’s because two disoriented and frightened deer crashed through the front door of the pub and went running through the restaurant, as reported by the Associated Press.
The first deer apparently hurt itself, bloodying its snout and becoming dazed, said Jay Ouellette, general manager of the Stout Ale House. Two customers were able to safely wrestle it to the ground.
The other deer fled into a private room. Cornered deer can be dangerous because they kick and bite, but a restaurant worker managed to wrestle that animal down as well, Ouellette said.
The animals were released. Nobody was injured. But the whole thing was a little freaky. I mean, just watch the surveillance video from the restaurant.
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 2
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 1
- Expect to see facilitator Kobe in his return to Lakers 5
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players 25
- Knicks lose by 41 points at home to Celtics 24
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)