May 4, 2010, 8:12 AM EST
You’re sitting in the Stout Ale House in Wisconsin, having just finished watching the Bucks ad Hawks game seven, wearing your “Fear the Deer” T-shirt, drowning your sorrows — when it became literally time to fear the deer.
That’s because two disoriented and frightened deer crashed through the front door of the pub and went running through the restaurant, as reported by the Associated Press.
The first deer apparently hurt itself, bloodying its snout and becoming dazed, said Jay Ouellette, general manager of the Stout Ale House. Two customers were able to safely wrestle it to the ground.
The other deer fled into a private room. Cornered deer can be dangerous because they kick and bite, but a restaurant worker managed to wrestle that animal down as well, Ouellette said.
The animals were released. Nobody was injured. But the whole thing was a little freaky. I mean, just watch the surveillance video from the restaurant.
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 19
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6