May 3, 2010, 7:14 PM EDT
There it is, via JaVale’s twitter page. (Hat tip to Bullets Forever) This tattoo interests me because McGee’s value may be more nebulous than the value of any other player in the league. McGee is 7-2 with a massive wingspan. He can jump out of the gym and create highlight dunks and blocks. He shows flashes of beautiful moves around the rim. He’s surprisingly agile for his size, and can even handle the ball a little.
However, there is absolutely nothing that he can do consistently. He switches between being passive and a foul machine on defense. His shot selection is questionable at best. His touch at the rim comes and goes. At this point in his career, there’s no knowing whether he’ll put his gifts to good use, like teammate Andray Blatche did after the Jamison trade, or becoming another talented big man who never figured out how to make his game work in the NBA. After two full seasons in the league, McGee remains a mystery. Perhaps the barcode holds the answers.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 5
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 11
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 36