May 3, 2010, 7:14 PM EDT
There it is, via JaVale’s twitter page. (Hat tip to Bullets Forever) This tattoo interests me because McGee’s value may be more nebulous than the value of any other player in the league. McGee is 7-2 with a massive wingspan. He can jump out of the gym and create highlight dunks and blocks. He shows flashes of beautiful moves around the rim. He’s surprisingly agile for his size, and can even handle the ball a little.
However, there is absolutely nothing that he can do consistently. He switches between being passive and a foul machine on defense. His shot selection is questionable at best. His touch at the rim comes and goes. At this point in his career, there’s no knowing whether he’ll put his gifts to good use, like teammate Andray Blatche did after the Jamison trade, or becoming another talented big man who never figured out how to make his game work in the NBA. After two full seasons in the league, McGee remains a mystery. Perhaps the barcode holds the answers.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Number shows Matthew Dellavedova’s defensive value 0
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 25
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 22
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 15
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 15