May 3, 2010, 7:14 PM EDT
There it is, via JaVale’s twitter page. (Hat tip to Bullets Forever) This tattoo interests me because McGee’s value may be more nebulous than the value of any other player in the league. McGee is 7-2 with a massive wingspan. He can jump out of the gym and create highlight dunks and blocks. He shows flashes of beautiful moves around the rim. He’s surprisingly agile for his size, and can even handle the ball a little.
However, there is absolutely nothing that he can do consistently. He switches between being passive and a foul machine on defense. His shot selection is questionable at best. His touch at the rim comes and goes. At this point in his career, there’s no knowing whether he’ll put his gifts to good use, like teammate Andray Blatche did after the Jamison trade, or becoming another talented big man who never figured out how to make his game work in the NBA. After two full seasons in the league, McGee remains a mystery. Perhaps the barcode holds the answers.
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 0
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 3
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 8
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 3
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 24
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 6