May 3, 2010, 2:00 PM EDT
Round and round she goes, where she stops….
Plenty of coaching news interviews and tidbits today. We’ve combined them into one post for your reading and commenting pleasure.
Doug Collins had a five-hour meeting with the decision makers of the Philadelphia 76ers over the weekend, according to the Associated Press. Collins, wisely, issued a statement and is now done talking about it as he has games to broadcast. Although not games with the Sixers, which is why they need him.
The same report also states that the Sixers are moving from TNT to ESPN and will now interview Avery Johnson today (Monday).
Then on Tuesday Johnson will meet with the New Orleans Hornets, a job he is considered a front-runner for because the incoming owner likes him and Johnson was born in Louisiana.
But Marc Stein is also reporting that the Hornets will have requested an interview with Dallas Mavericks assistant Dwane Casey. Both the Sixers and the Los Angeles Clippers have bandied about the name of Casey before and may interview him.
ESPN analyst Mark Jackson’s name gets mentioned a lot — Philadelphia, New Orleans, Los Angeles — but no reports yet of him being interviewed.
And if all that wasn’t enough fun, tomorrow the Chicago Bulls will begin their coaching search.
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 0
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 23
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 21
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 1
- Hibbert said he will speak up in future, demand to be in game at end 11
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (76)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Watch LIVE: Bruins-Rangers
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks look to even series with Red Wings
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1