May 3, 2010, 10:20 AM EST
What? Rasheed Wallace got exposed by the Cleveland Cavaliers? Shocking, just shocking. Who could have seen that coming?
Wallace picked up three quick fouls in the first half and went 1-for-5 in 13 minutes of Game 1 against the Cavaliers. He was also a liability again on the defensive end where his rotations were slow and his help defense was lacking.
“He has to play better, bottom line,” Doc Rivers said Sunday. “He has to play better defense. The offense will come but he has to be a better defender. We can’t wait. He has to play better.”
Look for Mr. Candice Parker, er, Sheldon Williams to get some minutes. Hey, they could use Parker too, if she’s got some time.
Look at the bright side, Celtics fans: Just two more seasons after this of Sheed on your team. Oh, maybe that isn’t a bright side. Sorry.
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 1
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 9
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 30