May 2, 2010, 4:13 PM EDT
Things had been going well for George Karl. Well, not for his team — that got pretty ugly as the undisciplined Nuggets were ousted by the masters of discipline from Utah — but in his battle with cancer.
However, according to AP, Karl’s life partner and mother of his child said on her blog that Karl has been readmitted to the hospital.
Karl’s partner, Kim Van Deraa, wrote on her blog this weekend that the 58-year-old coach was rushed to the hospital Friday afternoon with the clot. She said doctors were trying to determine the cause because Karl already is on blood-thinning medication.
Van Deraa also writes that doctors reinserted a filter into his abdomen. The filter had been removed two weeks ago. The filter prevents the clots from traveling to his hart or lungs. It initially was inserted in March when Karl was first treated for blood clots
Hopefully, just a minor setback for Karl.
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 11
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 5
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7