May 2, 2010, 4:13 PM EDT
Things had been going well for George Karl. Well, not for his team — that got pretty ugly as the undisciplined Nuggets were ousted by the masters of discipline from Utah — but in his battle with cancer.
However, according to AP, Karl’s life partner and mother of his child said on her blog that Karl has been readmitted to the hospital.
Karl’s partner, Kim Van Deraa, wrote on her blog this weekend that the 58-year-old coach was rushed to the hospital Friday afternoon with the clot. She said doctors were trying to determine the cause because Karl already is on blood-thinning medication.
Van Deraa also writes that doctors reinserted a filter into his abdomen. The filter had been removed two weeks ago. The filter prevents the clots from traveling to his hart or lungs. It initially was inserted in March when Karl was first treated for blood clots
Hopefully, just a minor setback for Karl.
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 0
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 40
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 5
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10