May 2, 2010, 4:13 PM EST
Things had been going well for George Karl. Well, not for his team — that got pretty ugly as the undisciplined Nuggets were ousted by the masters of discipline from Utah — but in his battle with cancer.
However, according to AP, Karl’s life partner and mother of his child said on her blog that Karl has been readmitted to the hospital.
Karl’s partner, Kim Van Deraa, wrote on her blog this weekend that the 58-year-old coach was rushed to the hospital Friday afternoon with the clot. She said doctors were trying to determine the cause because Karl already is on blood-thinning medication.
Van Deraa also writes that doctors reinserted a filter into his abdomen. The filter had been removed two weeks ago. The filter prevents the clots from traveling to his hart or lungs. It initially was inserted in March when Karl was first treated for blood clots
Hopefully, just a minor setback for Karl.
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 16
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 4
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 5
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11