May 2, 2010, 2:53 PM EDT
Andrew Bynum is going to give it a shot in game one, and Phil Jackson is going to start him, he said in his pregame press conference.
“Andrew is prepared to play…” Jackson said. “If he’s limited in what he can do. His ability to run, pull out, if it’s something that’s going to hamper him we’ll have to measure that.”
Meaning, he’s going to go and will play unless he sucks. And Jackson will try to limit his minutes, if at all possible.
Jerry Sloan said that Deron Williams will start and is fine. And he said it in Sloan’s classic old-school way:
“If he can pull on the jersey he is 100 percent.”
Some other pregame notes here from the bowels of Staples Center.
Phil Jackson is concerned that without a dominant scorer to cover, Ron Artest’s mind will wander to… well, wherever it is that Ron Ron’s mind goes. Not sure it’s a place I want to visit. But because Pau Gasol gives Carlos Boozer trouble, Artest will start the game on CJ Miles and may get some Wes Mathews time. Also, look for Jackson to match Artest up on Millsap.
Sloan said the key for his team is shot selection. He said that the Laker length provides problems and the Jazz have responded with bad shots, which fuels the Lakers in transition. He wants the team to focus on getting good shots.
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 7
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 8
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 13
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 7