Apr 30, 2010, 1:33 PM EST
2009: The draft of the point guard.
You need no more proof than to look at the NBA All-Rookie Team, which was announced today by the league.
The First Team:
Tyreke Evans Sacramento
Brandon Jennings Milwaukee
Stephen Curry Golden State
Darren Collison New Orleans
Taj Gibson Chicago
Four point guards? That’s a lineup Don Nelson would be proud to put out.
The Second Team:
Marcus Thornton New Orleans
DeJuan Blair San Antonio
James Harden Oklahoma City
Jonny Flynn Minnesota
Jonas Jerebko Detroit
This is not even including some good young guards like Wesley Matthews (Utah), Ty Lawson (Denver) or Jrue Holiday (Philadelphia). We’d also mention Rodrigue Beaubois of Dallas, but Rick Carlisle has benched him for the remainder of this post.
Remember when this was going to be a down class, a weak draft year? Not so much.
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 1
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 5
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 8