Apr 30, 2010, 1:33 PM EDT
2009: The draft of the point guard.
You need no more proof than to look at the NBA All-Rookie Team, which was announced today by the league.
The First Team:
Tyreke Evans Sacramento
Brandon Jennings Milwaukee
Stephen Curry Golden State
Darren Collison New Orleans
Taj Gibson Chicago
Four point guards? That’s a lineup Don Nelson would be proud to put out.
The Second Team:
Marcus Thornton New Orleans
DeJuan Blair San Antonio
James Harden Oklahoma City
Jonny Flynn Minnesota
Jonas Jerebko Detroit
This is not even including some good young guards like Wesley Matthews (Utah), Ty Lawson (Denver) or Jrue Holiday (Philadelphia). We’d also mention Rodrigue Beaubois of Dallas, but Rick Carlisle has benched him for the remainder of this post.
Remember when this was going to be a down class, a weak draft year? Not so much.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 22
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49