Apr 30, 2010, 1:33 PM EDT
2009: The draft of the point guard.
You need no more proof than to look at the NBA All-Rookie Team, which was announced today by the league.
The First Team:
Tyreke Evans Sacramento
Brandon Jennings Milwaukee
Stephen Curry Golden State
Darren Collison New Orleans
Taj Gibson Chicago
Four point guards? That’s a lineup Don Nelson would be proud to put out.
The Second Team:
Marcus Thornton New Orleans
DeJuan Blair San Antonio
James Harden Oklahoma City
Jonny Flynn Minnesota
Jonas Jerebko Detroit
This is not even including some good young guards like Wesley Matthews (Utah), Ty Lawson (Denver) or Jrue Holiday (Philadelphia). We’d also mention Rodrigue Beaubois of Dallas, but Rick Carlisle has benched him for the remainder of this post.
Remember when this was going to be a down class, a weak draft year? Not so much.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 55
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19