Apr 30, 2010, 1:33 PM EDT
2009: The draft of the point guard.
You need no more proof than to look at the NBA All-Rookie Team, which was announced today by the league.
The First Team:
Tyreke Evans Sacramento
Brandon Jennings Milwaukee
Stephen Curry Golden State
Darren Collison New Orleans
Taj Gibson Chicago
Four point guards? That’s a lineup Don Nelson would be proud to put out.
The Second Team:
Marcus Thornton New Orleans
DeJuan Blair San Antonio
James Harden Oklahoma City
Jonny Flynn Minnesota
Jonas Jerebko Detroit
This is not even including some good young guards like Wesley Matthews (Utah), Ty Lawson (Denver) or Jrue Holiday (Philadelphia). We’d also mention Rodrigue Beaubois of Dallas, but Rick Carlisle has benched him for the remainder of this post.
Remember when this was going to be a down class, a weak draft year? Not so much.
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 0
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8
- Report: Becky Hammon gaining traction around the NBA as “serious” head-coaching candidate 43