Apr 30, 2010, 1:33 PM EDT
2009: The draft of the point guard.
You need no more proof than to look at the NBA All-Rookie Team, which was announced today by the league.
The First Team:
Tyreke Evans Sacramento
Brandon Jennings Milwaukee
Stephen Curry Golden State
Darren Collison New Orleans
Taj Gibson Chicago
Four point guards? That’s a lineup Don Nelson would be proud to put out.
The Second Team:
Marcus Thornton New Orleans
DeJuan Blair San Antonio
James Harden Oklahoma City
Jonny Flynn Minnesota
Jonas Jerebko Detroit
This is not even including some good young guards like Wesley Matthews (Utah), Ty Lawson (Denver) or Jrue Holiday (Philadelphia). We’d also mention Rodrigue Beaubois of Dallas, but Rick Carlisle has benched him for the remainder of this post.
Remember when this was going to be a down class, a weak draft year? Not so much.
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 4
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 16
- FIBA World Cup USA vs. Serbia preview: Serbia no pushover but Americans should grab gold 4
- France beats Lithuania to win World Cup bronze 6
- Carmelo Anthony says nobody would want to play for Hawks 20
- Rudy Gay upset over ‘dirty play’ that caused him to suffer a fractured jaw in Team USA’s win over Lithuania 17
- Serbia holds off furious French comeback, wins to advance to gold medal game vs. USA 4
- Hawks GM Danny Ferry releases statement on his leave of absence, apologizes again 6