Apr 30, 2010, 12:19 PM EDT
Watching the Nuggets play in the first round hasn’t really improved the spirits or health of George Karl. Doesn’t look like he’ll have to watch a lot more of it, though.
But the question now is, will he be back next year. His son Coby Karl told Yahoo that is still up in the air.
Coby Karl said his father has the passion to return next season, but it remains to be seen whether his health will allow it. “It’s going to be his choice,” Coby Karl said. “He’s still struggling with his voice. The only thing is his voice is still bothering him. He’s getting better every day. One of his first loves has always been basketball and doing it the right way.”
The Nuggets certainly hope he returns, how much his leadership — and yelling — is needed to get this headstrong group of players to fit together has become clear. Basketball fans should hope he returns, just because he’s good for the game.
But Karl needs to do what is right for Karl first and foremost. If that means a season off, so be it.
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 0
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 12
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14