Apr 30, 2010, 12:19 PM EDT
Watching the Nuggets play in the first round hasn’t really improved the spirits or health of George Karl. Doesn’t look like he’ll have to watch a lot more of it, though.
But the question now is, will he be back next year. His son Coby Karl told Yahoo that is still up in the air.
Coby Karl said his father has the passion to return next season, but it remains to be seen whether his health will allow it. “It’s going to be his choice,” Coby Karl said. “He’s still struggling with his voice. The only thing is his voice is still bothering him. He’s getting better every day. One of his first loves has always been basketball and doing it the right way.”
The Nuggets certainly hope he returns, how much his leadership — and yelling — is needed to get this headstrong group of players to fit together has become clear. Basketball fans should hope he returns, just because he’s good for the game.
But Karl needs to do what is right for Karl first and foremost. If that means a season off, so be it.
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 2
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 13
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 7
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 68
- Mario Chalmers: “I never thought anybody would want to leave Miami for Cleveland” 65
- Las Vegas Summer League review: How did Andrew Wiggins, other lottery picks fare? 14
- Report: Knicks open to trading Iman Shumpert or J.R. Smith 29
- Top seven free agents still on the market 49