Apr 30, 2010, 9:24 AM EST
A freak accident Thursday night on the way to the arena almost forced DeJuan Blair to miss the game — and he’s lucky because it could have been a lot worse.
The accident left him with a damaged car but did not keep him from playing, Blair told the San Antonio News Express:
It was a freak accident,” Blair said. “A piece of paper, or something, flew on my window and startled me. I couldn’t see, and I swerved and hit the barrier.”
The impact activated the airbags, and from that point, Blair and a companion were literally along for the ride before the vehicle came to a stop.
“I saw a lot of things flash before my eyes,” he said. “I hit the side (of the barrier) and rode the rail for a while. Then it threw me over to the other side and I hit in the ditch. Luckily, there were no other cars around.
He was driving his new 2010 Chevrolet Camaro. His Camaro, however, is not yellow and does not transform into Bumblebee. As far as we know.
Blair was fine, he suffered no injuries from the incident. He didn’t play much, just over five minutes in this one, but as always looked good in the minutes he did play. He hit two of three shots and was +8.
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 0
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 6
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 16
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 16
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 30