Apr 30, 2010, 9:24 AM EDT
A freak accident Thursday night on the way to the arena almost forced DeJuan Blair to miss the game — and he’s lucky because it could have been a lot worse.
The accident left him with a damaged car but did not keep him from playing, Blair told the San Antonio News Express:
It was a freak accident,” Blair said. “A piece of paper, or something, flew on my window and startled me. I couldn’t see, and I swerved and hit the barrier.”
The impact activated the airbags, and from that point, Blair and a companion were literally along for the ride before the vehicle came to a stop.
“I saw a lot of things flash before my eyes,” he said. “I hit the side (of the barrier) and rode the rail for a while. Then it threw me over to the other side and I hit in the ditch. Luckily, there were no other cars around.
He was driving his new 2010 Chevrolet Camaro. His Camaro, however, is not yellow and does not transform into Bumblebee. As far as we know.
Blair was fine, he suffered no injuries from the incident. He didn’t play much, just over five minutes in this one, but as always looked good in the minutes he did play. He hit two of three shots and was +8.
- Kevin Love pulling out of USA Basketball due to lingering likelihood of trade from Timberwolves 13
- Why are the Lakers hiring Byron Scott as head coach? 12
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 6
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 48
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 26
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 41
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 32
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 16