Apr 30, 2010, 9:24 AM EST
A freak accident Thursday night on the way to the arena almost forced DeJuan Blair to miss the game — and he’s lucky because it could have been a lot worse.
The accident left him with a damaged car but did not keep him from playing, Blair told the San Antonio News Express:
It was a freak accident,” Blair said. “A piece of paper, or something, flew on my window and startled me. I couldn’t see, and I swerved and hit the barrier.”
The impact activated the airbags, and from that point, Blair and a companion were literally along for the ride before the vehicle came to a stop.
“I saw a lot of things flash before my eyes,” he said. “I hit the side (of the barrier) and rode the rail for a while. Then it threw me over to the other side and I hit in the ditch. Luckily, there were no other cars around.
He was driving his new 2010 Chevrolet Camaro. His Camaro, however, is not yellow and does not transform into Bumblebee. As far as we know.
Blair was fine, he suffered no injuries from the incident. He didn’t play much, just over five minutes in this one, but as always looked good in the minutes he did play. He hit two of three shots and was +8.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Thunder don’t look like playoff team yet 0
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 6
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 30
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 46
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20