Apr 30, 2010, 9:24 AM EST
A freak accident Thursday night on the way to the arena almost forced DeJuan Blair to miss the game — and he’s lucky because it could have been a lot worse.
The accident left him with a damaged car but did not keep him from playing, Blair told the San Antonio News Express:
It was a freak accident,” Blair said. “A piece of paper, or something, flew on my window and startled me. I couldn’t see, and I swerved and hit the barrier.”
The impact activated the airbags, and from that point, Blair and a companion were literally along for the ride before the vehicle came to a stop.
“I saw a lot of things flash before my eyes,” he said. “I hit the side (of the barrier) and rode the rail for a while. Then it threw me over to the other side and I hit in the ditch. Luckily, there were no other cars around.
He was driving his new 2010 Chevrolet Camaro. His Camaro, however, is not yellow and does not transform into Bumblebee. As far as we know.
Blair was fine, he suffered no injuries from the incident. He didn’t play much, just over five minutes in this one, but as always looked good in the minutes he did play. He hit two of three shots and was +8.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 3
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 22
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18