Apr 30, 2010, 1:11 PM EDT
Two years ago, on their way to the NBA championship, the Celtics and Cavaliers had a fantastic, epic clash in the second round. Seven big games, where at times it looked like LeBron James was going to almost single-handedly knock Boston out of the playoffs. Coming out of that, the Celtics were sharper than they had been, and they got their banner.
LeBron has got a better supporting cast than Dwyane Wade has, but the biggest difference why Cleveland is better is because LeBron is better, in my opinion. LeBron is a better player today than he was two years ago, significantly in my opinion. I mean with his outside shooting. His shooting is so much better. That is the only reason that we beat them two years ago is that LeBron didn’t have great shooting games.”
In the same way that you could make a good case that Kevin Durant was the most improved player in the NBA this season, LeBron has made leaps like that as well. We just tend to overlook it because his game was already spectacular.
As Wade was, LeBron is the single biggest problem the Celtics face starting tomorrow. The difference is that LeBron has guys who can take advantage of the double teams. Guys who can make Boston pay for their coverage choices. Wade had Beasley.
This is going to be very different than two years ago.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 2
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48