Apr 30, 2010, 1:11 PM EST
Two years ago, on their way to the NBA championship, the Celtics and Cavaliers had a fantastic, epic clash in the second round. Seven big games, where at times it looked like LeBron James was going to almost single-handedly knock Boston out of the playoffs. Coming out of that, the Celtics were sharper than they had been, and they got their banner.
LeBron has got a better supporting cast than Dwyane Wade has, but the biggest difference why Cleveland is better is because LeBron is better, in my opinion. LeBron is a better player today than he was two years ago, significantly in my opinion. I mean with his outside shooting. His shooting is so much better. That is the only reason that we beat them two years ago is that LeBron didn’t have great shooting games.”
In the same way that you could make a good case that Kevin Durant was the most improved player in the NBA this season, LeBron has made leaps like that as well. We just tend to overlook it because his game was already spectacular.
As Wade was, LeBron is the single biggest problem the Celtics face starting tomorrow. The difference is that LeBron has guys who can take advantage of the double teams. Guys who can make Boston pay for their coverage choices. Wade had Beasley.
This is going to be very different than two years ago.
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 0
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 11
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 28
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 58
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13