Apr 30, 2010, 1:11 PM EST
Two years ago, on their way to the NBA championship, the Celtics and Cavaliers had a fantastic, epic clash in the second round. Seven big games, where at times it looked like LeBron James was going to almost single-handedly knock Boston out of the playoffs. Coming out of that, the Celtics were sharper than they had been, and they got their banner.
LeBron has got a better supporting cast than Dwyane Wade has, but the biggest difference why Cleveland is better is because LeBron is better, in my opinion. LeBron is a better player today than he was two years ago, significantly in my opinion. I mean with his outside shooting. His shooting is so much better. That is the only reason that we beat them two years ago is that LeBron didn’t have great shooting games.”
In the same way that you could make a good case that Kevin Durant was the most improved player in the NBA this season, LeBron has made leaps like that as well. We just tend to overlook it because his game was already spectacular.
As Wade was, LeBron is the single biggest problem the Celtics face starting tomorrow. The difference is that LeBron has guys who can take advantage of the double teams. Guys who can make Boston pay for their coverage choices. Wade had Beasley.
This is going to be very different than two years ago.
- Arena evacuated after apparent fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 7
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 8
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 5
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 24
- Joe Johnson says players noticed friction between Jason Kidd and Lawrence Frank 26
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)