Apr 30, 2010, 7:36 PM EDT
Our own Ira Winderman has suggested that the Miami Heat would be best off dumping Michael Beasley for cap space, and if they can get a rack of shootaround basketballs out of it, that was gravy.
He’s not alone in South Beach — people are basically done with Beasley. (Well, not Heat coach Erik Spoelstra.) Get rid of him and they can bring in a lot more talent this summer. But who would be interested in taking him without sending players back.
Hello Wizards. That’s what Washington Post writer Michael Lee suggests.
Beasley has been the subject of trade rumors recently, with the Heat in financial position to pair Wade with at least one maximum-salaried free agent in a star-studded class that likely will include LeBron James, Amare Stoudemire, Chris Bosh and Joe Johnson.
The Heat could potentially free up enough cap space to add another marquee talent if it can find a taker for Beasley’s $4.96 million salary…. The Wizards could have more than $21 million in cap space this summer, and while there are varying opinions about Beasley in the front office, some would be open to bringing him to his hometown team, according to a league source.
The question with Beasley is simple: Do you think he’ll get it? The guy has the skills you expect of the number two overall pick. But he mentally is often not in the game, the there are questions about his desire and work ethic. If he comes with focus, the trade is a steal. If not… well, you don’t have to have him for very long.
It may not be the Wizards that take a run at him, but somebody will.
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 0
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 0
- Official ‘Clipper’s Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 6
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 14
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35