Apr 29, 2010, 3:10 PM EDT
If you’ve been reading this site or any other over the past several weeks, you are likely already familiar with the exploits of Bango the Deer. The Bucks mascot achieved YouTube stardom by doing a backflip dunk off a 16-foot ladder during Monday’s game four. Keep in mind that Bango has already torn an ACL in the line of mascot duty.
“The playoffs inspire everyone to step up their game, and I felt like this was the perfect opportunity to attempt one of the biggest, scariest stunts I’ve ever seen. Jerry Burrell (the Houston Rockets mascot, called Turbo) was the first person to complete the dunk but more recently the mascot for the OKC Thunder attempted it a few weeks ago but failed to make the dunk.”
When asked about how he practiced for the dunk, Bango had this to say:
“Practice? I would love to tell you that I put hours of practice in, but I had to keep this one quiet so that I wasn’t told not to do it. I did spend countless hours preparing mentally.”
Let’s all make sure we’re on the same page here. Bango didn’t even get to practice that dunk because he was afraid people, namely doctors, wouldn’t let him do it if they found out about it. I have run out of superlatives for this man-deer.
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 46
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 20
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 13
- PBT Extra: Horford/Dellavedova incident ups tension in Hawks/Cavaliers Game 4 10
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 6