Apr 29, 2010, 3:10 PM EDT
If you’ve been reading this site or any other over the past several weeks, you are likely already familiar with the exploits of Bango the Deer. The Bucks mascot achieved YouTube stardom by doing a backflip dunk off a 16-foot ladder during Monday’s game four. Keep in mind that Bango has already torn an ACL in the line of mascot duty.
“The playoffs inspire everyone to step up their game, and I felt like this was the perfect opportunity to attempt one of the biggest, scariest stunts I’ve ever seen. Jerry Burrell (the Houston Rockets mascot, called Turbo) was the first person to complete the dunk but more recently the mascot for the OKC Thunder attempted it a few weeks ago but failed to make the dunk.”
When asked about how he practiced for the dunk, Bango had this to say:
“Practice? I would love to tell you that I put hours of practice in, but I had to keep this one quiet so that I wasn’t told not to do it. I did spend countless hours preparing mentally.”
Let’s all make sure we’re on the same page here. Bango didn’t even get to practice that dunk because he was afraid people, namely doctors, wouldn’t let him do it if they found out about it. I have run out of superlatives for this man-deer.
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 7
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 8
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 42
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11