Apr 29, 2010, 8:25 AM EDT
UPDATE 8:28 am: Sources told the Denver Post after the game that it looks as if Nene is done for the season. He will undergo an MRI today to confirm, but doctors with the Nuggets thought he tore the ACL in his left knee.
12:21 am: An inadvertent kick from Carlos Boozer has knocked Denver starting center Nene out of gave five in Denver.
According to Mark Spears at Yahoo, Nene is done for the night and will be evaluated tomorrow.
The injury happened in the second quarter. Boozer was leaping up to battle for a rebound as Nene came flying in to crash the boards. When he leapt forward Boozer had one leg kick out behind him, accidentally right into the knee of Nene just as he had started to plant for his jump. The inadvertent kick caused the injury.
It’s another injury to the banged up front line of Denver, which has not dominated the more-banged-up front line of Utah as has been expected.
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 3
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 21
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 41
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2