Apr 29, 2010, 8:25 AM EDT
UPDATE 8:28 am: Sources told the Denver Post after the game that it looks as if Nene is done for the season. He will undergo an MRI today to confirm, but doctors with the Nuggets thought he tore the ACL in his left knee.
12:21 am: An inadvertent kick from Carlos Boozer has knocked Denver starting center Nene out of gave five in Denver.
According to Mark Spears at Yahoo, Nene is done for the night and will be evaluated tomorrow.
The injury happened in the second quarter. Boozer was leaping up to battle for a rebound as Nene came flying in to crash the boards. When he leapt forward Boozer had one leg kick out behind him, accidentally right into the knee of Nene just as he had started to plant for his jump. The inadvertent kick caused the injury.
It’s another injury to the banged up front line of Denver, which has not dominated the more-banged-up front line of Utah as has been expected.
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 0
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 4
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 15
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7