Apr 29, 2010, 8:25 AM EDT
UPDATE 8:28 am: Sources told the Denver Post after the game that it looks as if Nene is done for the season. He will undergo an MRI today to confirm, but doctors with the Nuggets thought he tore the ACL in his left knee.
12:21 am: An inadvertent kick from Carlos Boozer has knocked Denver starting center Nene out of gave five in Denver.
According to Mark Spears at Yahoo, Nene is done for the night and will be evaluated tomorrow.
The injury happened in the second quarter. Boozer was leaping up to battle for a rebound as Nene came flying in to crash the boards. When he leapt forward Boozer had one leg kick out behind him, accidentally right into the knee of Nene just as he had started to plant for his jump. The inadvertent kick caused the injury.
It’s another injury to the banged up front line of Denver, which has not dominated the more-banged-up front line of Utah as has been expected.
- Report: Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes suspended 20 games for violating NBA’s anti-drug policy 0
- NBA Playoff Preview: Dallas Mavericks vs. San Antonio Spurs 4
- PBT Podcast: NBA playoff preview edition 1
- NBA Playoff Preview: Memphis Grizzlies vs. Oklahoma City Thunder 6
- NBA Playoff Preview: Houston Rockets vs. Portland Trail Blazers 12