Apr 29, 2010, 8:25 AM EDT
UPDATE 8:28 am: Sources told the Denver Post after the game that it looks as if Nene is done for the season. He will undergo an MRI today to confirm, but doctors with the Nuggets thought he tore the ACL in his left knee.
12:21 am: An inadvertent kick from Carlos Boozer has knocked Denver starting center Nene out of gave five in Denver.
According to Mark Spears at Yahoo, Nene is done for the night and will be evaluated tomorrow.
The injury happened in the second quarter. Boozer was leaping up to battle for a rebound as Nene came flying in to crash the boards. When he leapt forward Boozer had one leg kick out behind him, accidentally right into the knee of Nene just as he had started to plant for his jump. The inadvertent kick caused the injury.
It’s another injury to the banged up front line of Denver, which has not dominated the more-banged-up front line of Utah as has been expected.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 0
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 3
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 27
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Draymond Green helped hold Anthony Davis in relative check 4
- Cavaliers’ Kevin Love out for entire conference semifinals (likely vs. Bulls) 9
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: LeBron got his shots despite good Celtics defense 3
- PBT Extra: For how long should J.R. Smith be suspended? 34
- Report: If Kevin Love leaves Cavaliers, Lakers are team to beat in free agency 32