Apr 29, 2010, 8:25 AM EDT
UPDATE 8:28 am: Sources told the Denver Post after the game that it looks as if Nene is done for the season. He will undergo an MRI today to confirm, but doctors with the Nuggets thought he tore the ACL in his left knee.
12:21 am: An inadvertent kick from Carlos Boozer has knocked Denver starting center Nene out of gave five in Denver.
According to Mark Spears at Yahoo, Nene is done for the night and will be evaluated tomorrow.
The injury happened in the second quarter. Boozer was leaping up to battle for a rebound as Nene came flying in to crash the boards. When he leapt forward Boozer had one leg kick out behind him, accidentally right into the knee of Nene just as he had started to plant for his jump. The inadvertent kick caused the injury.
It’s another injury to the banged up front line of Denver, which has not dominated the more-banged-up front line of Utah as has been expected.
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (77)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Report: Clippers, Celtics talks to send Garnett, Rivers to L.A. stalled (72)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (66)
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- PFT: Beckham turned down chance to kick in NFL
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'