Apr 29, 2010, 3:04 PM EDT
That sigh of relief you just heard came from the city of Denver, where the news is out that Nene’s knee injury is not that bad.
It is simply a sprain, he is not traveling to game six in Utah Friday but could be available for a game seven Sunday in Denver, according to Chris Thomason of FanHouse. Nene is officially listed as day to day.
Having Nene back, even not at 100 percent, would be a huge lift for the Nuggets, who need to win the battle inside to win this series. But first they will need to get to a game seven, which means winning game six on the road without him. A tall order, but something they are capable of.
Game six is going to be a fun one to watch.
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 4
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 5
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 4
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 61
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 68
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 7
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30