Apr 29, 2010, 3:04 PM EDT
That sigh of relief you just heard came from the city of Denver, where the news is out that Nene’s knee injury is not that bad.
It is simply a sprain, he is not traveling to game six in Utah Friday but could be available for a game seven Sunday in Denver, according to Chris Thomason of FanHouse. Nene is officially listed as day to day.
Having Nene back, even not at 100 percent, would be a huge lift for the Nuggets, who need to win the battle inside to win this series. But first they will need to get to a game seven, which means winning game six on the road without him. A tall order, but something they are capable of.
Game six is going to be a fun one to watch.
- Report: Suns, Eric Bledsoe have ‘made progress’ on a new contract in last couple of days 0
- Report: Michael Beasley reaches agreement with Memphis Grizzlies 3
- Report: NBA not actively investigating source of Luol Deng African comment 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 2
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 19
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16