Apr 29, 2010, 8:21 PM EDT
He’s not going to catch Don Nelson, but Lenny Wilkens is not done coaching.
“We reached a settlement with Wilkens in cooperation with the U.S. National Basketball Association (NBA),” the committee that runs the South Korean team told the Yonhap news agency.
South Korea won gold on home soil at the 2002 Asian Games but finished fifth in Qatar four years ago. The 16th Asian Games take place in southern China from November 12-27.
For those of you not politically inclined, South Korea is the Korea without the bat s— crazy dictator running it.
Wilkens is one of only a handful of people ever inducted into the Hall of Fame as both a coach and a player. He’s the second winningest coach in NBA history. He’s a spry 72, and he’s forgotten more basketball than you’ll ever know. He should help South Korea.
- Kevin Love leaving Team USA not helpful, certainly not devastating either 9
- Kevin Love pulling out of USA Basketball due to lingering likelihood of trade from Timberwolves 14
- Why are the Lakers hiring Byron Scott as head coach? 18
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 6
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 48
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 26
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 41
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 32