Apr 29, 2010, 8:21 PM EDT
He’s not going to catch Don Nelson, but Lenny Wilkens is not done coaching.
“We reached a settlement with Wilkens in cooperation with the U.S. National Basketball Association (NBA),” the committee that runs the South Korean team told the Yonhap news agency.
South Korea won gold on home soil at the 2002 Asian Games but finished fifth in Qatar four years ago. The 16th Asian Games take place in southern China from November 12-27.
For those of you not politically inclined, South Korea is the Korea without the bat s— crazy dictator running it.
Wilkens is one of only a handful of people ever inducted into the Hall of Fame as both a coach and a player. He’s the second winningest coach in NBA history. He’s a spry 72, and he’s forgotten more basketball than you’ll ever know. He should help South Korea.
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 18
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 30
- Steve Ballmer screams like a maniac at Clippers rally 26
- Thibodeau calls Team USA “perfect setting” for Derrick Rose to make return 6
- What four players left likely to get cut from Team USA roster? Things don’t look good for Andre Drummond. 19
- John Calipari says he was not close to going to Cleveland. LeBron or not. 12
- Report: Shawn Marion commits to play with Cavaliers, LeBron James 47