Apr 29, 2010, 8:21 PM EDT
He’s not going to catch Don Nelson, but Lenny Wilkens is not done coaching.
“We reached a settlement with Wilkens in cooperation with the U.S. National Basketball Association (NBA),” the committee that runs the South Korean team told the Yonhap news agency.
South Korea won gold on home soil at the 2002 Asian Games but finished fifth in Qatar four years ago. The 16th Asian Games take place in southern China from November 12-27.
For those of you not politically inclined, South Korea is the Korea without the bat s— crazy dictator running it.
Wilkens is one of only a handful of people ever inducted into the Hall of Fame as both a coach and a player. He’s the second winningest coach in NBA history. He’s a spry 72, and he’s forgotten more basketball than you’ll ever know. He should help South Korea.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 32
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 49
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4