Apr 29, 2010, 8:21 PM EDT
He’s not going to catch Don Nelson, but Lenny Wilkens is not done coaching.
“We reached a settlement with Wilkens in cooperation with the U.S. National Basketball Association (NBA),” the committee that runs the South Korean team told the Yonhap news agency.
South Korea won gold on home soil at the 2002 Asian Games but finished fifth in Qatar four years ago. The 16th Asian Games take place in southern China from November 12-27.
For those of you not politically inclined, South Korea is the Korea without the bat s— crazy dictator running it.
Wilkens is one of only a handful of people ever inducted into the Hall of Fame as both a coach and a player. He’s the second winningest coach in NBA history. He’s a spry 72, and he’s forgotten more basketball than you’ll ever know. He should help South Korea.
- Sunday NBA grades: Nene, Aldridge lead day where big men shine 0
- LaMarcus Aldridge’s Trail Blazers claw back for Game 1 win over Houston Rockets 3
- Bulls have no answer for Nene as Wizards take Game 1 12
- Charlotte is scrappy but Heat have too much in comfortable 99-88 win 18
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 8