Apr 29, 2010, 8:21 PM EDT
He’s not going to catch Don Nelson, but Lenny Wilkens is not done coaching.
“We reached a settlement with Wilkens in cooperation with the U.S. National Basketball Association (NBA),” the committee that runs the South Korean team told the Yonhap news agency.
South Korea won gold on home soil at the 2002 Asian Games but finished fifth in Qatar four years ago. The 16th Asian Games take place in southern China from November 12-27.
For those of you not politically inclined, South Korea is the Korea without the bat s— crazy dictator running it.
Wilkens is one of only a handful of people ever inducted into the Hall of Fame as both a coach and a player. He’s the second winningest coach in NBA history. He’s a spry 72, and he’s forgotten more basketball than you’ll ever know. He should help South Korea.
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 9
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 25
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 68
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 8
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 14
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 38
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 36