Apr 29, 2010, 1:52 PM EDT
Players support their coaches. We’ve all seen just terrible college football coaches — guys who needed the axe — having players making public offers of support. Normally you don’t read too much into that.
But the public support for Vinny Del Negro by Bulls players — particularly Derrick Rose — has to give the Bulls brass pause. And now Joakim Noah has hustled to his support (he hustles everywhere), according to ESPNChicago.
“Yeah I endorse Vinny [Del Negro],” Noah said on Wednesday. “He did a lot for me as a player. He gave me a chance to play.”
The public campaign for Del Negro makes one thing interesting — if they do fire him, who do they replace him with? It has to be a name big enough, someone popular enough that the move does not seem lateral. Just a little more pressure for John Paxson and the Bulls decision makers.
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 20
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 2
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 4
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 24
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 9