Apr 29, 2010, 1:52 PM EDT
Players support their coaches. We’ve all seen just terrible college football coaches — guys who needed the axe — having players making public offers of support. Normally you don’t read too much into that.
But the public support for Vinny Del Negro by Bulls players — particularly Derrick Rose — has to give the Bulls brass pause. And now Joakim Noah has hustled to his support (he hustles everywhere), according to ESPNChicago.
“Yeah I endorse Vinny [Del Negro],” Noah said on Wednesday. “He did a lot for me as a player. He gave me a chance to play.”
The public campaign for Del Negro makes one thing interesting — if they do fire him, who do they replace him with? It has to be a name big enough, someone popular enough that the move does not seem lateral. Just a little more pressure for John Paxson and the Bulls decision makers.
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 45
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31