Apr 29, 2010, 1:52 PM EST
Players support their coaches. We’ve all seen just terrible college football coaches — guys who needed the axe — having players making public offers of support. Normally you don’t read too much into that.
But the public support for Vinny Del Negro by Bulls players — particularly Derrick Rose — has to give the Bulls brass pause. And now Joakim Noah has hustled to his support (he hustles everywhere), according to ESPNChicago.
“Yeah I endorse Vinny [Del Negro],” Noah said on Wednesday. “He did a lot for me as a player. He gave me a chance to play.”
The public campaign for Del Negro makes one thing interesting — if they do fire him, who do they replace him with? It has to be a name big enough, someone popular enough that the move does not seem lateral. Just a little more pressure for John Paxson and the Bulls decision makers.
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 18
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6