Apr 29, 2010, 1:52 PM EDT
Players support their coaches. We’ve all seen just terrible college football coaches — guys who needed the axe — having players making public offers of support. Normally you don’t read too much into that.
But the public support for Vinny Del Negro by Bulls players — particularly Derrick Rose — has to give the Bulls brass pause. And now Joakim Noah has hustled to his support (he hustles everywhere), according to ESPNChicago.
“Yeah I endorse Vinny [Del Negro],” Noah said on Wednesday. “He did a lot for me as a player. He gave me a chance to play.”
The public campaign for Del Negro makes one thing interesting — if they do fire him, who do they replace him with? It has to be a name big enough, someone popular enough that the move does not seem lateral. Just a little more pressure for John Paxson and the Bulls decision makers.
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 13
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 36
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 26
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2