Apr 28, 2010, 12:55 AM EDT
UPDATE 4/28 12:55 am: LeBron said his arm went numb at the free throw line but seemed relatively unconcerned about this speaking to the press postgame. Here is the quote:
“It bothers me because I don’t know what it is,” James said. “Hopefully
it doesn’t continue to bother me. But I’m not concerned. Cleveland fans
have nothing to worry about. They have no reason to panic. I don’t think
it’s that serious.”
4/27 11:34: James
was actually injured in the first quarter of Game 4, and then
re-aggravated it tonight. This has to be concerning that it keeps
4/27 10: 51 pm: We’ll have more on Cleveland’s series-clinching win over the Bulls later tonight, but we have some news to share. Late in the fourth, LeBron James came down on his right arm, and was ginger with it for the rest of the game. On the clinching free throws, James was so dinged up, he attempted to shoot them left handed. After the game, as the Cavs were shaking hands (and yes, James shook hands), he seemed unable to pick the right arm up.
Before the season ended, when TNT was in Chicago for a Bulls-Cavs game sans LeBron. Kevin Harlan noted that LeBron’s elbow was something to keep an eye on. You have to wonder if there was a pre-existing injury that was aggravated tonight. With the Celtics wrapping up their series against the Heat, the 2nd round, and a physical one, will be starting now.
James in a post-game interview, said he already had an MRI and X-Ray, and there was nothing structural. But clearly, something is off with LeBron James’ arm. We’ll keep you updated.
- Cavs GM: It’s “highly unlikely” Kevin Love returns at all in playoffs, even if Cavs make Finals 12
- No Kevin Love, no J.R. Smith to start, how much trouble is Cleveland in? 15
- PBT Extra: Who wins Game 5 between Spurs, Clippers? Flip a coin. 6
- PBT Extra: Rockets must adjust to new Mavericks starting lineup in Game 5 10
- Portland comes from 10 down in fourth quarter to win 99-92, stay alive in series 5
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 25
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 11
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2