Apr 28, 2010, 12:55 AM EST
UPDATE 4/28 12:55 am: LeBron said his arm went numb at the free throw line but seemed relatively unconcerned about this speaking to the press postgame. Here is the quote:
“It bothers me because I don’t know what it is,” James said. “Hopefully
it doesn’t continue to bother me. But I’m not concerned. Cleveland fans
have nothing to worry about. They have no reason to panic. I don’t think
it’s that serious.”
4/27 11:34: James
was actually injured in the first quarter of Game 4, and then
re-aggravated it tonight. This has to be concerning that it keeps
4/27 10: 51 pm: We’ll have more on Cleveland’s series-clinching win over the Bulls later tonight, but we have some news to share. Late in the fourth, LeBron James came down on his right arm, and was ginger with it for the rest of the game. On the clinching free throws, James was so dinged up, he attempted to shoot them left handed. After the game, as the Cavs were shaking hands (and yes, James shook hands), he seemed unable to pick the right arm up.
Before the season ended, when TNT was in Chicago for a Bulls-Cavs game sans LeBron. Kevin Harlan noted that LeBron’s elbow was something to keep an eye on. You have to wonder if there was a pre-existing injury that was aggravated tonight. With the Celtics wrapping up their series against the Heat, the 2nd round, and a physical one, will be starting now.
James in a post-game interview, said he already had an MRI and X-Ray, and there was nothing structural. But clearly, something is off with LeBron James’ arm. We’ll keep you updated.
- Report: Sixers engaged in buyout talks with JaVale McGee 9
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 4
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16