Apr 28, 2010, 2:05 PM EDT
Ben Gordon would pretty much like to forget about last season. The injuries, the losing, the shooting stroke gone awry (eFG dropped from 52 percent to 47 percent, three point shot from 41 percent to 32 percent).
But before he could put it in the past, he had to get some ankle surgery. It went well, according to Associated Press.
Detroit Pistons guard Ben Gordon has undergone successful surgery to remove bone spurs from his left ankle.
The team said Wednesday that Gordon’s ankle will be placed in a cast for three weeks and rehabilitation will begin immediately following its removal.
He is expected to be ready to go with no ill effects come training camp.
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 12
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43