Apr 28, 2010, 2:05 PM EDT
Ben Gordon would pretty much like to forget about last season. The injuries, the losing, the shooting stroke gone awry (eFG dropped from 52 percent to 47 percent, three point shot from 41 percent to 32 percent).
But before he could put it in the past, he had to get some ankle surgery. It went well, according to Associated Press.
Detroit Pistons guard Ben Gordon has undergone successful surgery to remove bone spurs from his left ankle.
The team said Wednesday that Gordon’s ankle will be placed in a cast for three weeks and rehabilitation will begin immediately following its removal.
He is expected to be ready to go with no ill effects come training camp.
- Josh McRoberts fined $20,000 for forearm foul to LeBron’s throat 37
- Oscar Robertson says if he were Carmelo Anthony “I would leave today” 46
- Larry Bird, through Pacers general manager, says Frank Vogel’s job is safe 10
- Can LaMarcus Aldridge break the all-time single-playoff scoring record? 24
- Thursday NBA playoff previews: Which Indiana team shows up? 11