Apr 28, 2010, 2:05 PM EDT
Ben Gordon would pretty much like to forget about last season. The injuries, the losing, the shooting stroke gone awry (eFG dropped from 52 percent to 47 percent, three point shot from 41 percent to 32 percent).
But before he could put it in the past, he had to get some ankle surgery. It went well, according to Associated Press.
Detroit Pistons guard Ben Gordon has undergone successful surgery to remove bone spurs from his left ankle.
The team said Wednesday that Gordon’s ankle will be placed in a cast for three weeks and rehabilitation will begin immediately following its removal.
He is expected to be ready to go with no ill effects come training camp.
- PBT Extra: Spurs lead Texas winners in NBA Free Agency 0
- J.J. Redick: Clippers deserve “F” for free agency after losing DeAndre Jordan 22
- PBT Podcast: Free agency’s winners and losers 0
- Report: Boston Celtics agree to trade for David Lee for Gerald Wallace 18
- Report: Kevin Garnett to re-sign with Timberwolves 18
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 24
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 26
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 80