Apr 27, 2010, 4:07 PM EST
In the second quarter, LeBron James was re-entering the game against the Bulls Sunday, just like he always does. The camera closely follows his every move, just like it always does. He took off his sweats and threw them to the floor, just like every other NBA player.
And here’s your headline on Sports By Brooks:
No One Is Too Small For LeBron James To Belittle
Followed by the video of the ball boy being right there to collect LeBron’s sweats, and LeBron not taking the time or interest to hand everything to him.
No way the Knicks are going to pursue him after that display.
It all goes to show LeBron’s a prima donna, with an ego the size of New York (too big for Cleveland) and he doesn’t care about anybody but himself, right?
Wrong. That is a desperate stretch.
What LeBron did is pretty much what every NBA player does. They throw off their sweats and the ball boy runs and gets them — at the bench, at the scorer’s table, in the locker room, basically everywhere. Watch a few NBA games and you’ll see this is the norm.
Does that mean LeBron couldn’t have handed the ball boy the clothes? No, I guess he could have. But to try to infer some larger personality trait out of accepted and widespread NBA behavior is a fool’s errand.
I bet LeBron doesn’t always use his car’s turn indicator before making a right, too. What a b%*$#%.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Thunder don’t look like playoff team yet 0
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 6
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 29
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 46
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20