Apr 27, 2010, 1:31 PM EDT
One would think Dwight Howard would be itching to play some international ball right about now — they let the game get physical there, far more pushing and grabbing. None of those silly fouls he keeps picking up in the playoffs. No more cardboard walls around Superman.
But apparently not. Howard may be the latest star to bow out of the FIBA World Championships, according to the Orlando Sentinel.
…there are indications he might forgo the World Championships in Turkey this summer in order to rest and possibly act in a movie and/or appear in a television reality show, among other things.
Howard has said publicly he would play for Team USA in the World Championships, but those close to Howard say he might be looking for a diplomatic way later to bypass playing in the tournament.
The NBA’s big names may be balking, but a lot of the young stars of the NBA — Kevin Durant, O.J. Mayo and others — are excited to get their chance. They will be the core of the team in the future (maybe even by 2012), let’s see what they can do.
- Who is left on the board after wild first day of NBA free agency? 0
- Report: Warriors, Draymond Green agree to five-year, $85 million deal 17
- 76ers get Nik Stauskas, first-rounder in salary-dump trade with Kings 44
- Report: Pelicans finalizing deal with Omer Asik 3
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 22
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 108
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 14
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 79