Apr 27, 2010, 12:34 PM EST
As expected, Chicago’s Derrick Rose and Luol Deng will play tonight in game five in Cleveland, Brian Windhost is reporting.
Not that it will help much. Last game just kind of left that taste in your mouth. But they will go.
Rose had an MRI yesterday that showed no significant damage to his ankle, just a sprain. He slept in a cast with his foot elevated, all things you try to do to reduce swelling and issues with a sprain. The kind of thing you’d miss a regular season game or two for, but not a deciding playoff game.
Deng has a sore calf and knee, but is going to play through it.
- Derrick Rose leaves Bulls-Nuggets game with hamstring tightness 24
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 18
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 15
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 28
- PBT’s Monday night NBA Winners/Losers: That looks more like the Cavaliers we expected 12
- Carmelo Anthony exits Knicks-Rockets game with apparent back injury 9
- Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant progressing in rehab, Westbrook could play Friday 6
- Lakers forward Xavier Henry ruptured Achilles in practice, out for season 23