Apr 26, 2010, 6:08 PM EDT
Like Warrior playoff games were a few years ago, Thunder playoff games have quickly became a hot ticket in Oklahoma City. The Thunder are giving the #1 seeded Lakers everything they can handle, the team is young and fun to watch, and the deafening Ford Center crowd looks like tons of fun to be a part of. In fact, Thunder tickets are so in demand right now that people are doing everything they can to pay or barter for them. But just what are they offering in return?
Tickets for Lady Gaga range from $49.50 to $175 (face value of course). For Game 6, they range from $12 to $375. On StubHub, Game 6 tickets are going for $239 to over $2,000 for a pair of floor seats. For Gaga you’re looking at between $90 and $1,500.The ESPN Trade Machine accepts this deal, but OKC needed to toss in some cash considerations and a conditional 2013 second round pick.(h/t @danjhunt)
A quick and extremely unofficial scan of the first six comments on the Daily Thunder article reveals differing opinions towards Gaga in the Thunder fan community.
she also performs in dallas 2 days later and 3 days later so other options for her, no other time will there be this game 6.”
“i can’t believe someone willfully paid money to see Lady Gaga”
If nothing else (and there may well be nothing else), this shows that Oklahoma City denizens seriously want to see the Thunder during their inaugural playoff run. They want to see the Thunder even more than they want to see a tiny famous woman play the piano while wearing a gyroscope.
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 0
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 16
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 13
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis, Pelicans made playoffs. Will they get a fifth game vs. Warriors? 6
- Rumor: LaMarcus Aldridge more likely to leave Trail Blazers in free agency than people realize 24
- PBT First-Round Playoff Previews: Chicago Bulls vs. Milwaukee Bucks 8