Apr 26, 2010, 6:08 PM EST
Like Warrior playoff games were a few years ago, Thunder playoff games have quickly became a hot ticket in Oklahoma City. The Thunder are giving the #1 seeded Lakers everything they can handle, the team is young and fun to watch, and the deafening Ford Center crowd looks like tons of fun to be a part of. In fact, Thunder tickets are so in demand right now that people are doing everything they can to pay or barter for them. But just what are they offering in return?
Tickets for Lady Gaga range from $49.50 to $175 (face value of course). For Game 6, they range from $12 to $375. On StubHub, Game 6 tickets are going for $239 to over $2,000 for a pair of floor seats. For Gaga you’re looking at between $90 and $1,500.The ESPN Trade Machine accepts this deal, but OKC needed to toss in some cash considerations and a conditional 2013 second round pick.(h/t @danjhunt)
A quick and extremely unofficial scan of the first six comments on the Daily Thunder article reveals differing opinions towards Gaga in the Thunder fan community.
she also performs in dallas 2 days later and 3 days later so other options for her, no other time will there be this game 6.”
“i can’t believe someone willfully paid money to see Lady Gaga”
If nothing else (and there may well be nothing else), this shows that Oklahoma City denizens seriously want to see the Thunder during their inaugural playoff run. They want to see the Thunder even more than they want to see a tiny famous woman play the piano while wearing a gyroscope.
- Report: Sixers a viable trade destination for Omer Asik 0
- Report: Jason Kidd safe as Nets coach until team gets healthy 2
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 25
- Report: Knicks have ‘zero intention’ of trading Carmelo Anthony 12
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 8
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (48)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (45)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)