Apr 26, 2010, 11:51 AM EDT
Thanks to Internet snark (guilty, as charged), irony is dead. Or at least on life support in an Alanis Morissette world.
But J.R. Smith gets it, the Denver sixth man is a master of irony. What else are we to take away from this post-game tweet by him yesterday?
You play selfish you lose selfish that’s all I’m saying about the game!
He’s not wrong, selfish play is not helping the Nuggets out (not as big a problem as their defense right now, but it is a problem).
But when J.R. Smith is calling you out for being selfish, you have a problem.
Even against the Jazz Sunday he was 3 of 11 with some questionable decisions as he kept shooting. And this is not getting into his history, where he has been regarded as one of the more selfish players in the league.
Irony. It’s not dead in America. You just have to know where to look.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 12
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50