Apr 26, 2010, 11:51 AM EDT
Thanks to Internet snark (guilty, as charged), irony is dead. Or at least on life support in an Alanis Morissette world.
But J.R. Smith gets it, the Denver sixth man is a master of irony. What else are we to take away from this post-game tweet by him yesterday?
You play selfish you lose selfish that’s all I’m saying about the game!
He’s not wrong, selfish play is not helping the Nuggets out (not as big a problem as their defense right now, but it is a problem).
But when J.R. Smith is calling you out for being selfish, you have a problem.
Even against the Jazz Sunday he was 3 of 11 with some questionable decisions as he kept shooting. And this is not getting into his history, where he has been regarded as one of the more selfish players in the league.
Irony. It’s not dead in America. You just have to know where to look.
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 10
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 8
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 54
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0
- Report: Pacers agree to four-year, $44 million contract with Monta Ellis 22
- Report: Greg Monroe signing a maximum contract with Bucks 56
- Lakers, Knicks struggle on hectic first day of free agency 64
- Trail Blazers assistant coach: ‘We didn’t publicize it, but we lost LaMarcus Aldridge’ 10