Apr 26, 2010, 6:50 PM EDT
Congratulations Erick Dampier, you’re the next contestant on the “pay $35,000 game show.”
After the Mavericks lost game three to the Spurs, he said to ESPN and anyone else that would listen:
“When we play defense we’re under a magnifying glass,” said Dampier. “But when we’re on offense, there’s no magnifying glass.”
David Stern said the crackdowns would continue, and he is nothing if not a man of his word. Today Dampier was fined $35,000 by the league for his comments.
We’re barely a week into the playoffs. Wonder who else is going to be our next contestant in the game David Stern always wins.
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 0
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 28
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 17
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 42
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 56
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 15
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6