Apr 26, 2010, 6:50 PM EDT
Congratulations Erick Dampier, you’re the next contestant on the “pay $35,000 game show.”
After the Mavericks lost game three to the Spurs, he said to ESPN and anyone else that would listen:
“When we play defense we’re under a magnifying glass,” said Dampier. “But when we’re on offense, there’s no magnifying glass.”
David Stern said the crackdowns would continue, and he is nothing if not a man of his word. Today Dampier was fined $35,000 by the league for his comments.
We’re barely a week into the playoffs. Wonder who else is going to be our next contestant in the game David Stern always wins.
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 5
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 29
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 35
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17