Apr 26, 2010, 6:50 PM EST
Congratulations Erick Dampier, you’re the next contestant on the “pay $35,000 game show.”
After the Mavericks lost game three to the Spurs, he said to ESPN and anyone else that would listen:
“When we play defense we’re under a magnifying glass,” said Dampier. “But when we’re on offense, there’s no magnifying glass.”
David Stern said the crackdowns would continue, and he is nothing if not a man of his word. Today Dampier was fined $35,000 by the league for his comments.
We’re barely a week into the playoffs. Wonder who else is going to be our next contestant in the game David Stern always wins.
- Arena evacuated after apparent fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 7
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 8
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 5
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 24
- Joe Johnson says players noticed friction between Jason Kidd and Lawrence Frank 26
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)