Apr 25, 2010, 10:16 AM EDT
Call him heavy handed, but David Stern gets results. He gets what he wants.
He tells coaches to stop complaining about the referees, throws out a couple of fines and….
Stan Van Gundy said he is done talking about the referees during the playoffs, as the Associated Press reported.
“I’ve been fined for saying how good they were this year, and I’ve been fined for criticizing them,” Van Gundy said. “So nobody understands more that we’re just not to talk about them at all.”
Told Van Gundy’s comments about an hour later, Stern immediately smiled.
“I’m glad to hear that,” he said. “Isn’t that new?”
When was the last time David Stern lost a battle? Don’t cross the man.
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 11
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 45
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 58
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 89
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13