Apr 25, 2010, 10:16 AM EST
Call him heavy handed, but David Stern gets results. He gets what he wants.
He tells coaches to stop complaining about the referees, throws out a couple of fines and….
Stan Van Gundy said he is done talking about the referees during the playoffs, as the Associated Press reported.
“I’ve been fined for saying how good they were this year, and I’ve been fined for criticizing them,” Van Gundy said. “So nobody understands more that we’re just not to talk about them at all.”
Told Van Gundy’s comments about an hour later, Stern immediately smiled.
“I’m glad to hear that,” he said. “Isn’t that new?”
When was the last time David Stern lost a battle? Don’t cross the man.
- Arena evacuated after apparent fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 7
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 8
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 5
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 24
- Joe Johnson says players noticed friction between Jason Kidd and Lawrence Frank 26
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)