Apr 25, 2010, 10:16 AM EST
Call him heavy handed, but David Stern gets results. He gets what he wants.
He tells coaches to stop complaining about the referees, throws out a couple of fines and….
Stan Van Gundy said he is done talking about the referees during the playoffs, as the Associated Press reported.
“I’ve been fined for saying how good they were this year, and I’ve been fined for criticizing them,” Van Gundy said. “So nobody understands more that we’re just not to talk about them at all.”
Told Van Gundy’s comments about an hour later, Stern immediately smiled.
“I’m glad to hear that,” he said. “Isn’t that new?”
When was the last time David Stern lost a battle? Don’t cross the man.
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 3
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 2
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 33
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 16
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 30
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6