Apr 25, 2010, 10:16 AM EST
Call him heavy handed, but David Stern gets results. He gets what he wants.
He tells coaches to stop complaining about the referees, throws out a couple of fines and….
Stan Van Gundy said he is done talking about the referees during the playoffs, as the Associated Press reported.
“I’ve been fined for saying how good they were this year, and I’ve been fined for criticizing them,” Van Gundy said. “So nobody understands more that we’re just not to talk about them at all.”
Told Van Gundy’s comments about an hour later, Stern immediately smiled.
“I’m glad to hear that,” he said. “Isn’t that new?”
When was the last time David Stern lost a battle? Don’t cross the man.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 0
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 3
- Report: Sixers engaged in buyout talks with JaVale McGee 17
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 8
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6