Apr 25, 2010, 10:16 AM EDT
Call him heavy handed, but David Stern gets results. He gets what he wants.
He tells coaches to stop complaining about the referees, throws out a couple of fines and….
Stan Van Gundy said he is done talking about the referees during the playoffs, as the Associated Press reported.
“I’ve been fined for saying how good they were this year, and I’ve been fined for criticizing them,” Van Gundy said. “So nobody understands more that we’re just not to talk about them at all.”
Told Van Gundy’s comments about an hour later, Stern immediately smiled.
“I’m glad to hear that,” he said. “Isn’t that new?”
When was the last time David Stern lost a battle? Don’t cross the man.
- Kyrie Irving aces, Kevin Love passes first playoff test in Cavaliers win over Celtics 0
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 10
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 19
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 7
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 6
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 3
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 6