Apr 24, 2010, 10:26 AM EDT
Dirk Nowitzki’s elbows, which earlier this year helped provide Carl Landry a painful reminder about the importance of regular trips to the dentist, now are helping Manu Ginobili get a nose job.
Early in the third quarter of game three Friday night, an inadvertent Nowitzki elbow caught Ginobili on the nose and broke it. But like any good Russian hockey player — wait, he’s a South America basketball player? — he got a bandage on it, some gauze up one side to stop the bleeding, and he came back in and scored 13 second half points to lead the Spurs to a 2-1 series lead. Freaking the good people of Dallas out.
Manu is bad a–. Not quite Officer John McClane bad a–, but still pretty bad.
Ginobili is scheduled for a CT scan on his nose and face today, to see what other damage might be lurking. However, you can bet he will be out there for game four.
- Report: Knicks, Phil Jackson have deal in principle for him to oversee basketball operations 0
- Kevin Durant scores 42, Thunder win a chippy one over Rockets 5
- Report: Lakers to officially declare Kobe Bryant out for the season 13
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker suspended one game for blow to head of Blake Griffin 9
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 14