Apr 24, 2010, 10:26 AM EDT
Dirk Nowitzki’s elbows, which earlier this year helped provide Carl Landry a painful reminder about the importance of regular trips to the dentist, now are helping Manu Ginobili get a nose job.
Early in the third quarter of game three Friday night, an inadvertent Nowitzki elbow caught Ginobili on the nose and broke it. But like any good Russian hockey player — wait, he’s a South America basketball player? — he got a bandage on it, some gauze up one side to stop the bleeding, and he came back in and scored 13 second half points to lead the Spurs to a 2-1 series lead. Freaking the good people of Dallas out.
Manu is bad a–. Not quite Officer John McClane bad a–, but still pretty bad.
Ginobili is scheduled for a CT scan on his nose and face today, to see what other damage might be lurking. However, you can bet he will be out there for game four.
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 24
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 27
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8