Apr 24, 2010, 10:26 AM EST
Dirk Nowitzki’s elbows, which earlier this year helped provide Carl Landry a painful reminder about the importance of regular trips to the dentist, now are helping Manu Ginobili get a nose job.
Early in the third quarter of game three Friday night, an inadvertent Nowitzki elbow caught Ginobili on the nose and broke it. But like any good Russian hockey player — wait, he’s a South America basketball player? — he got a bandage on it, some gauze up one side to stop the bleeding, and he came back in and scored 13 second half points to lead the Spurs to a 2-1 series lead. Freaking the good people of Dallas out.
Manu is bad a–. Not quite Officer John McClane bad a–, but still pretty bad.
Ginobili is scheduled for a CT scan on his nose and face today, to see what other damage might be lurking. However, you can bet he will be out there for game four.
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 0
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 10
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 33
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 16
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 30
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 10