Apr 24, 2010, 10:26 AM EST
Dirk Nowitzki’s elbows, which earlier this year helped provide Carl Landry a painful reminder about the importance of regular trips to the dentist, now are helping Manu Ginobili get a nose job.
Early in the third quarter of game three Friday night, an inadvertent Nowitzki elbow caught Ginobili on the nose and broke it. But like any good Russian hockey player — wait, he’s a South America basketball player? — he got a bandage on it, some gauze up one side to stop the bleeding, and he came back in and scored 13 second half points to lead the Spurs to a 2-1 series lead. Freaking the good people of Dallas out.
Manu is bad a–. Not quite Officer John McClane bad a–, but still pretty bad.
Ginobili is scheduled for a CT scan on his nose and face today, to see what other damage might be lurking. However, you can bet he will be out there for game four.
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 0
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 1
- Expect to see facilitator Kobe in his return to Lakers 5
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players 24
- Knicks lose by 41 points at home to Celtics 24
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)