Apr 24, 2010, 10:26 AM EST
Dirk Nowitzki’s elbows, which earlier this year helped provide Carl Landry a painful reminder about the importance of regular trips to the dentist, now are helping Manu Ginobili get a nose job.
Early in the third quarter of game three Friday night, an inadvertent Nowitzki elbow caught Ginobili on the nose and broke it. But like any good Russian hockey player — wait, he’s a South America basketball player? — he got a bandage on it, some gauze up one side to stop the bleeding, and he came back in and scored 13 second half points to lead the Spurs to a 2-1 series lead. Freaking the good people of Dallas out.
Manu is bad a–. Not quite Officer John McClane bad a–, but still pretty bad.
Ginobili is scheduled for a CT scan on his nose and face today, to see what other damage might be lurking. However, you can bet he will be out there for game four.
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 2
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 14
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 12
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 6
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 15
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17