Apr 23, 2010, 3:10 PM EDT
Remember JJ Hickson? That rookie that caught your eye with his energy off the Cavaliers bench?
Mike Brown doesn’t seem to.
The second half of he season Hickson gave the Cavaliers 10.4 points on 56 percent shooting, pus six boards a game in 23 minutes every game. He was a quality role player off the bench.
In the playoffs, he hasn’t seen the floor. Shaquille O’Neal is back, that was going to cut into Hickson’s minutes, but add in Anderson Varejao, Zydrunas Ilgauskas and Antawn Jamison and Hickson becomes the odd man out.
Brian Windhorst tweeted that LeBron James doesn’t want it to be that way.
LeBron said he’d like to see what JJ Hickson more in Game 4. But Mike Brown said that his main plan with bigs is to get Shaq going.
Shaq was 2 of 8 from the floor, with three fouls, in 20 minutes Thursday night. He was just 2 of 6 at the rim (layups and tip ins). Mike Brown knows he’ll need him down the line.
But Hickson earned his chance. He brings an energy the Cavaliers could have desperately used that for the first three quarters of their one playoff loss. He’s not going to get big time minutes, but against the energy of Chicago’s front line (read: Noah) he could be a big help.
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 93
- PBT Extra: Talking Duncan, LeBron legacies; plus Game 6 11
- Report: Clippers pull out of talks with Celtics 30
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit 83
- If Spurs win, Tony Parker should be the Finals MVP 24
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (95)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (83)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Heat force Game 7
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'