Apr 23, 2010, 9:36 AM EDT
Personally, I see nothing wrong with this. I think it’s an improvement to his name. But I could be biased here.
ESPNChicago has let us in on an inside joke in the Bulls media circle — coach Vinny Del Negro consistently gets guard Kirk Hinrich’s name wrong.
Chicago Bulls coach Vinny Del Negro, long an admirer of the veteran guard, continually calls him “Kurt.”
He has all season. It’s a running joke among the media corps at this point, although Hinrich doesn’t seem to mind. He knows Del Negro knows who he is and that the coach has his back when it seems like people may be turning on him. That has been evident all season, but it was especially clear over the past 48 hours.
Hinrich probably doesn’t care what he’s called after a 27-point performance on 9 of 12 shooting in the Bulls game three win.
In this series, where the Bulls are so overmatched along the front like (particularly against that LeBron guy) it is going to take big nights from Derrick Rose and “Kurt” to have a chance at winning another game.
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 15
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 39
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 22
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 22
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 8
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 47
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 64