Apr 23, 2010, 9:36 AM EST
Personally, I see nothing wrong with this. I think it’s an improvement to his name. But I could be biased here.
ESPNChicago has let us in on an inside joke in the Bulls media circle — coach Vinny Del Negro consistently gets guard Kirk Hinrich’s name wrong.
Chicago Bulls coach Vinny Del Negro, long an admirer of the veteran guard, continually calls him “Kurt.”
He has all season. It’s a running joke among the media corps at this point, although Hinrich doesn’t seem to mind. He knows Del Negro knows who he is and that the coach has his back when it seems like people may be turning on him. That has been evident all season, but it was especially clear over the past 48 hours.
Hinrich probably doesn’t care what he’s called after a 27-point performance on 9 of 12 shooting in the Bulls game three win.
In this series, where the Bulls are so overmatched along the front like (particularly against that LeBron guy) it is going to take big nights from Derrick Rose and “Kurt” to have a chance at winning another game.
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 11
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 29
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 6
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 44
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31