Apr 23, 2010, 9:36 AM EDT
Personally, I see nothing wrong with this. I think it’s an improvement to his name. But I could be biased here.
ESPNChicago has let us in on an inside joke in the Bulls media circle — coach Vinny Del Negro consistently gets guard Kirk Hinrich’s name wrong.
Chicago Bulls coach Vinny Del Negro, long an admirer of the veteran guard, continually calls him “Kurt.”
He has all season. It’s a running joke among the media corps at this point, although Hinrich doesn’t seem to mind. He knows Del Negro knows who he is and that the coach has his back when it seems like people may be turning on him. That has been evident all season, but it was especially clear over the past 48 hours.
Hinrich probably doesn’t care what he’s called after a 27-point performance on 9 of 12 shooting in the Bulls game three win.
In this series, where the Bulls are so overmatched along the front like (particularly against that LeBron guy) it is going to take big nights from Derrick Rose and “Kurt” to have a chance at winning another game.
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 2
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 9
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 11
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 9
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 45
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 13
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 60