Apr 23, 2010, 3:34 PM EST
It can’t last, can it? The Jazz can’t keep winning with nobody healthy left on the front line, can they?
Well, yes they can. Their offensive system is a troublesome match for Denver. Doesn’t mean they wouldn’t mind the help.
Andrei Kirilenko wants to be the cavalry. The Russian Cavalry in their Cossack uniforms, but the cavalry nonetheless. That’s what the genuinely brilliant Kevin Arnovitz reports at True Hoop.
Utah Jazz forward Andrei Kirilenko, sidelined with a strained calf, expressed more cautious optimism that he could return for a potential Game 6 against the Denver Nuggets next Friday.
“It’s a good goal,” Kirilenko said. “Don’t force it, but a good goal….”
“I feel relieved,” Kirilenko said after shootaround on Friday morning. “My calf feels soft. My step is getting better. I was a little bit afraid to step hard, but the pain was gone.”
Sunday or Monday comes the real test, when AK-47 runs on a hard floor. Nothing is certain until then.
Kirilenko had platelet-rich plasma therapy, where your own blood heavy with healing platelets is injected into the injured area. Kenyon Martin recently had the same thing and he has returned to the Nuggets; it’s becoming a trendy sports injury treatment.
For those two, it seems to be working. Which team it works out better for remains to be seen.
- Paul Pierce practiced Monday, could return vs. Celtics Tuesday 0
- Report: Kings not done trading, Jason Thompson next on block 4
- The Extra Pass: Raptors’ salary dump trade could mean a few more wins, too; plus Sunday recaps 1
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 9
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 3
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)