Apr 23, 2010, 3:34 PM EDT
It can’t last, can it? The Jazz can’t keep winning with nobody healthy left on the front line, can they?
Well, yes they can. Their offensive system is a troublesome match for Denver. Doesn’t mean they wouldn’t mind the help.
Andrei Kirilenko wants to be the cavalry. The Russian Cavalry in their Cossack uniforms, but the cavalry nonetheless. That’s what the genuinely brilliant Kevin Arnovitz reports at True Hoop.
Utah Jazz forward Andrei Kirilenko, sidelined with a strained calf, expressed more cautious optimism that he could return for a potential Game 6 against the Denver Nuggets next Friday.
“It’s a good goal,” Kirilenko said. “Don’t force it, but a good goal….”
“I feel relieved,” Kirilenko said after shootaround on Friday morning. “My calf feels soft. My step is getting better. I was a little bit afraid to step hard, but the pain was gone.”
Sunday or Monday comes the real test, when AK-47 runs on a hard floor. Nothing is certain until then.
Kirilenko had platelet-rich plasma therapy, where your own blood heavy with healing platelets is injected into the injured area. Kenyon Martin recently had the same thing and he has returned to the Nuggets; it’s becoming a trendy sports injury treatment.
For those two, it seems to be working. Which team it works out better for remains to be seen.
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks 12
- Roy Hibbert with the monster block on a dunk attempt from Carmelo Anthony (VIDEO) 13
- Nate Robinson unlikely to return to Bulls next season 11
- Preview: Knicks try to continue longshot comeback in Indiana 7
- George Hill cleared to play for Pacers in Game 6 vs. Knicks 10
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (63)
- Bad shooting night for Bulls dooms them in game Game 4. And series. (62)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (62)
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- PBT Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay