Apr 23, 2010, 9:17 AM EDT
Drowned out in all the noise in Oklahoma City was another milestone for Kobe Bryant — on a third-quarter 16-foot jumper he passed Jerry West to become the all time leading playoff scorer.
Bryant now has 4,465 points scored in the playoffs, putting him eight in front of West. Earlier this season he passed West as the Lakers all time leading regular season scorer, as well.
Bryant averages 25.1 points per playoff game over his career. He had 24 in the loss to the Thunder, but took 29 shots to do it.
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 10
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 7
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 10
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 7
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8
- Report: Becky Hammon gaining traction around the NBA as “serious” head-coaching candidate 42
- Gregg Popovich discusses three-point shot, changing roles for bigs in NBA 4