Apr 23, 2010, 9:17 AM EST
Drowned out in all the noise in Oklahoma City was another milestone for Kobe Bryant — on a third-quarter 16-foot jumper he passed Jerry West to become the all time leading playoff scorer.
Bryant now has 4,465 points scored in the playoffs, putting him eight in front of West. Earlier this season he passed West as the Lakers all time leading regular season scorer, as well.
Bryant averages 25.1 points per playoff game over his career. He had 24 in the loss to the Thunder, but took 29 shots to do it.
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 15
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 10
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 17
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 21
- LeBron not wearing new LeBron 11s, Nike “redefining” shoe for him 15
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)