Rasheed Wallace fined for saying referees baited him into a technical

Apr 22, 2010, 6:44 PM EDT

Rasheed Wallace picked up a technical in the Celtics game one win over Miami. Also the sun rises in the east, Hawaii has great beaches and Dane Cook’s 15 minutes are up. (Well, maybe we’re just hopeful on that last one.)

But Sheed apparently thought he had too much money and wanted to pay some to the league when he made these post-game comments, reported by the Boston Herald.

“It’s a little bit of madness, actually,” Wallace said. “Because at times I know they’re out there baiting me, like the other night in Game 1. Those two quick fouls, I know that a certain referee was trying to bait me to get a tech. I mean, you could see it coming from a mile away. My main thing is I don’t like to be cheated. I can deal with a loss. I can deal with playing bad. I can deal with getting my (butt) busted. I just don’t like to be cheated, bottom line.”

“We also have to look out for the Wade factor (in game 2),” Wallace said. “We know how it is with TV ratings and all this. Not taking away or saying that he’s not a good player. Don’t get me wrong. But I mean, c’mon, we know what it is. We know this is about the business game as opposed to the basketball game. We already know.”

The league made it official today, Sheed was fined $35,000. After all his fines and technicals, he had to see this one coming from a mile away.

1. Andrew - Apr 22, 2010 at 7:37 PM

I’m so sick and tired of Sheed. He’s done next to nothing on the court so he should focus on playing better instead of worrying about officials. Besides, why should the NBA prefer Wade and his mediocre team to advance over the BOSTON CELTICS?
    Sheed needs to shut up. He’s just as dumb as any conspiracy theorist.

2. Seeker of Truth - Apr 23, 2010 at 10:25 AM

Rasheed is dumb.
    Anyone who thinks big money does not lead to conspiracies and that conspiracies do not exist is by far the dumbest!
    Andrew, you are king dumb dumb.

3. Quietstorm - Apr 23, 2010 at 10:54 AM

You know Sheed has been complaining for so long to the referees they probably are just looking for him to say something. Right now he not helping the Celtics nor has he been effective for them all year and I agree with Seeker of Truth he just needs to close his mouth and play his game if he can.

4. CelticsFan - Apr 23, 2010 at 11:07 AM

Let Sheed play. Those two quick calls were garbage. I’m on Sheed’s side here. We all know he hasn’t been playing the best, but he doesn’t deserve the calls he was getting the other night. We all know it. He shouldn’t have said what he said though – are you trying to give your money away, Sheed?

5. lilsurles - Apr 28, 2010 at 1:27 AM

Sheed may not be doing a lot for the Celtics this year but he has a point about Wade. I am a Ray Allen fan, but some of the calls Wade gets is a Disgrace. The game was on NBA TV and the announcers even said the refs were stinking it all the way up!

Warriors vs. Clippers playoff preview