Apr 22, 2010, 6:44 PM EDT
Rasheed Wallace picked up a technical in the Celtics game one win over Miami. Also the sun rises in the east, Hawaii has great beaches and Dane Cook’s 15 minutes are up. (Well, maybe we’re just hopeful on that last one.)
But Sheed apparently thought he had too much money and wanted to pay some to the league when he made these post-game comments, reported by the Boston Herald.
“It’s a little bit of madness, actually,” Wallace said. “Because at times I know they’re out there baiting me, like the other night in Game 1. Those two quick fouls, I know that a certain referee was trying to bait me to get a tech. I mean, you could see it coming from a mile away. My main thing is I don’t like to be cheated. I can deal with a loss. I can deal with playing bad. I can deal with getting my (butt) busted. I just don’t like to be cheated, bottom line.”
“We also have to look out for the Wade factor (in game 2),” Wallace said. “We know how it is with TV ratings and all this. Not taking away or saying that he’s not a good player. Don’t get me wrong. But I mean, c’mon, we know what it is. We know this is about the business game as opposed to the basketball game. We already know.”
The league made it official today, Sheed was fined $35,000. After all his fines and technicals, he had to see this one coming from a mile away.
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 26
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 50
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28