Apr 22, 2010, 6:44 PM EDT
Rasheed Wallace picked up a technical in the Celtics game one win over Miami. Also the sun rises in the east, Hawaii has great beaches and Dane Cook’s 15 minutes are up. (Well, maybe we’re just hopeful on that last one.)
But Sheed apparently thought he had too much money and wanted to pay some to the league when he made these post-game comments, reported by the Boston Herald.
“It’s a little bit of madness, actually,” Wallace said. “Because at times I know they’re out there baiting me, like the other night in Game 1. Those two quick fouls, I know that a certain referee was trying to bait me to get a tech. I mean, you could see it coming from a mile away. My main thing is I don’t like to be cheated. I can deal with a loss. I can deal with playing bad. I can deal with getting my (butt) busted. I just don’t like to be cheated, bottom line.”
“We also have to look out for the Wade factor (in game 2),” Wallace said. “We know how it is with TV ratings and all this. Not taking away or saying that he’s not a good player. Don’t get me wrong. But I mean, c’mon, we know what it is. We know this is about the business game as opposed to the basketball game. We already know.”
The league made it official today, Sheed was fined $35,000. After all his fines and technicals, he had to see this one coming from a mile away.
- Report: Kobe Bryant viewed Dwight Howard leaving Lakers in free agency as ‘a positive’ 0
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 7
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 71