Apr 22, 2010, 6:44 PM EST
Rasheed Wallace picked up a technical in the Celtics game one win over Miami. Also the sun rises in the east, Hawaii has great beaches and Dane Cook’s 15 minutes are up. (Well, maybe we’re just hopeful on that last one.)
But Sheed apparently thought he had too much money and wanted to pay some to the league when he made these post-game comments, reported by the Boston Herald.
“It’s a little bit of madness, actually,” Wallace said. “Because at times I know they’re out there baiting me, like the other night in Game 1. Those two quick fouls, I know that a certain referee was trying to bait me to get a tech. I mean, you could see it coming from a mile away. My main thing is I don’t like to be cheated. I can deal with a loss. I can deal with playing bad. I can deal with getting my (butt) busted. I just don’t like to be cheated, bottom line.”
“We also have to look out for the Wade factor (in game 2),” Wallace said. “We know how it is with TV ratings and all this. Not taking away or saying that he’s not a good player. Don’t get me wrong. But I mean, c’mon, we know what it is. We know this is about the business game as opposed to the basketball game. We already know.”
The league made it official today, Sheed was fined $35,000. After all his fines and technicals, he had to see this one coming from a mile away.
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 13
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 40
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 7
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 45
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31