Apr 22, 2010, 6:44 PM EST
Rasheed Wallace picked up a technical in the Celtics game one win over Miami. Also the sun rises in the east, Hawaii has great beaches and Dane Cook’s 15 minutes are up. (Well, maybe we’re just hopeful on that last one.)
But Sheed apparently thought he had too much money and wanted to pay some to the league when he made these post-game comments, reported by the Boston Herald.
“It’s a little bit of madness, actually,” Wallace said. “Because at times I know they’re out there baiting me, like the other night in Game 1. Those two quick fouls, I know that a certain referee was trying to bait me to get a tech. I mean, you could see it coming from a mile away. My main thing is I don’t like to be cheated. I can deal with a loss. I can deal with playing bad. I can deal with getting my (butt) busted. I just don’t like to be cheated, bottom line.”
“We also have to look out for the Wade factor (in game 2),” Wallace said. “We know how it is with TV ratings and all this. Not taking away or saying that he’s not a good player. Don’t get me wrong. But I mean, c’mon, we know what it is. We know this is about the business game as opposed to the basketball game. We already know.”
The league made it official today, Sheed was fined $35,000. After all his fines and technicals, he had to see this one coming from a mile away.
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 16
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 6
- After Lakers’ 48-point loss, Laker GM Kupchak, owner Buss met with coach D’Antoni 30
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 30
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 25