Apr 22, 2010, 10:12 PM EST
John Wall announced what we all knew — he is declaring for the NBA Draft.
He will go number one overall (sorry Evan Turner). The only real suspense is who will be his agent, as Associated Press pointed out.
“If I get that No. 1 pick, it’s going to be a dream come true,” said Wall in the official press release. “But no matter where I go I’m going to be happy because I reached my goal.”
Wall led a very talented Kentucky this season and he brings a Derrick Rose-like game (but Wall may have a higher ceiling, he plays a more consistent game). In an NBA more and more dominated by quick perimeter players (because of the no hand checking rules) Wall could have a huge impact.
So May 18 in now officially the John Wall sweepstakes in Secaucus.
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 0
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 9
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 27
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 15