Apr 22, 2010, 10:12 PM EDT
John Wall announced what we all knew — he is declaring for the NBA Draft.
He will go number one overall (sorry Evan Turner). The only real suspense is who will be his agent, as Associated Press pointed out.
“If I get that No. 1 pick, it’s going to be a dream come true,” said Wall in the official press release. “But no matter where I go I’m going to be happy because I reached my goal.”
Wall led a very talented Kentucky this season and he brings a Derrick Rose-like game (but Wall may have a higher ceiling, he plays a more consistent game). In an NBA more and more dominated by quick perimeter players (because of the no hand checking rules) Wall could have a huge impact.
So May 18 in now officially the John Wall sweepstakes in Secaucus.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 15
- Report: Lakers ‘actively discussing’ trade for Roy Hibbert with Pacers 40
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19