Apr 22, 2010, 10:12 PM EDT
John Wall announced what we all knew — he is declaring for the NBA Draft.
He will go number one overall (sorry Evan Turner). The only real suspense is who will be his agent, as Associated Press pointed out.
“If I get that No. 1 pick, it’s going to be a dream come true,” said Wall in the official press release. “But no matter where I go I’m going to be happy because I reached my goal.”
Wall led a very talented Kentucky this season and he brings a Derrick Rose-like game (but Wall may have a higher ceiling, he plays a more consistent game). In an NBA more and more dominated by quick perimeter players (because of the no hand checking rules) Wall could have a huge impact.
So May 18 in now officially the John Wall sweepstakes in Secaucus.
- George Hill says only God is scarier to face than LeBron James 0
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 12
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 15
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 25
- LeBron James-Paul George matchup reaches awesome levels in Game 2 10
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins pole in Monaco | Highlights
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy