Apr 22, 2010, 10:12 PM EDT
John Wall announced what we all knew — he is declaring for the NBA Draft.
He will go number one overall (sorry Evan Turner). The only real suspense is who will be his agent, as Associated Press pointed out.
“If I get that No. 1 pick, it’s going to be a dream come true,” said Wall in the official press release. “But no matter where I go I’m going to be happy because I reached my goal.”
Wall led a very talented Kentucky this season and he brings a Derrick Rose-like game (but Wall may have a higher ceiling, he plays a more consistent game). In an NBA more and more dominated by quick perimeter players (because of the no hand checking rules) Wall could have a huge impact.
So May 18 in now officially the John Wall sweepstakes in Secaucus.
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 6
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 23
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 16
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winners start with Lakers 24
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24
- Rockets vs. Warriors Game 2: Five things to watch 8