Apr 22, 2010, 10:12 PM EDT
John Wall announced what we all knew — he is declaring for the NBA Draft.
He will go number one overall (sorry Evan Turner). The only real suspense is who will be his agent, as Associated Press pointed out.
“If I get that No. 1 pick, it’s going to be a dream come true,” said Wall in the official press release. “But no matter where I go I’m going to be happy because I reached my goal.”
Wall led a very talented Kentucky this season and he brings a Derrick Rose-like game (but Wall may have a higher ceiling, he plays a more consistent game). In an NBA more and more dominated by quick perimeter players (because of the no hand checking rules) Wall could have a huge impact.
So May 18 in now officially the John Wall sweepstakes in Secaucus.
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 0
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 35
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 79
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 19
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48