Apr 22, 2010, 4:42 PM EDT
The New Orleans Hornets are on it, they are knee deep in the search for a new coach. Because you want to make that decision before the draft, to get your new man involved in the scouting and drafting of a player for his system. You don’t just want it to drag out (Clippers, I’m looking at you).
Apparently Lawrence Frank, the former New Jersey Nets coach, is in the mix, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo. You remember him as the man at the helm of some good defensive/horrible offensive teams for a few years. Well, by the end of his tenure the Nets were terrible at both.
Frank is not considered the front-runner, former Mavericks coach Avery Johnson is. Johnson has was born in Louisiana, probably makes a mean gumbo and apparently has the blessing of the incoming owner. Two of those things matter a lot.
Also in the mix are Jeff Van Gundy, Mark Jackson, Tom Thibodeau, Dwane Casey and Mike Budenholzer, among others. And while it hasn’t been mentioned, we can assume that Larry Brown is in the mix as well, just because.
- Son tweets Craig Sager has acute leukemia 5
- The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next 6
- 2014 PBT Awards: Coach of the Year 22
- Carmelo Anthony: “I want to come back…I also want to win.” 42
- Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season 50