Apr 22, 2010, 4:42 PM EDT
The New Orleans Hornets are on it, they are knee deep in the search for a new coach. Because you want to make that decision before the draft, to get your new man involved in the scouting and drafting of a player for his system. You don’t just want it to drag out (Clippers, I’m looking at you).
Apparently Lawrence Frank, the former New Jersey Nets coach, is in the mix, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo. You remember him as the man at the helm of some good defensive/horrible offensive teams for a few years. Well, by the end of his tenure the Nets were terrible at both.
Frank is not considered the front-runner, former Mavericks coach Avery Johnson is. Johnson has was born in Louisiana, probably makes a mean gumbo and apparently has the blessing of the incoming owner. Two of those things matter a lot.
Also in the mix are Jeff Van Gundy, Mark Jackson, Tom Thibodeau, Dwane Casey and Mike Budenholzer, among others. And while it hasn’t been mentioned, we can assume that Larry Brown is in the mix as well, just because.
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 11
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 22
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3
- Five lessons learned from the FIBA World Cup 10
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 12
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 30