Apr 22, 2010, 4:42 PM EDT
The New Orleans Hornets are on it, they are knee deep in the search for a new coach. Because you want to make that decision before the draft, to get your new man involved in the scouting and drafting of a player for his system. You don’t just want it to drag out (Clippers, I’m looking at you).
Apparently Lawrence Frank, the former New Jersey Nets coach, is in the mix, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo. You remember him as the man at the helm of some good defensive/horrible offensive teams for a few years. Well, by the end of his tenure the Nets were terrible at both.
Frank is not considered the front-runner, former Mavericks coach Avery Johnson is. Johnson has was born in Louisiana, probably makes a mean gumbo and apparently has the blessing of the incoming owner. Two of those things matter a lot.
Also in the mix are Jeff Van Gundy, Mark Jackson, Tom Thibodeau, Dwane Casey and Mike Budenholzer, among others. And while it hasn’t been mentioned, we can assume that Larry Brown is in the mix as well, just because.
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 5
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37