Apr 22, 2010, 4:42 PM EDT
The New Orleans Hornets are on it, they are knee deep in the search for a new coach. Because you want to make that decision before the draft, to get your new man involved in the scouting and drafting of a player for his system. You don’t just want it to drag out (Clippers, I’m looking at you).
Apparently Lawrence Frank, the former New Jersey Nets coach, is in the mix, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo. You remember him as the man at the helm of some good defensive/horrible offensive teams for a few years. Well, by the end of his tenure the Nets were terrible at both.
Frank is not considered the front-runner, former Mavericks coach Avery Johnson is. Johnson has was born in Louisiana, probably makes a mean gumbo and apparently has the blessing of the incoming owner. Two of those things matter a lot.
Also in the mix are Jeff Van Gundy, Mark Jackson, Tom Thibodeau, Dwane Casey and Mike Budenholzer, among others. And while it hasn’t been mentioned, we can assume that Larry Brown is in the mix as well, just because.
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 2
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 1
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 52
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6