Apr 22, 2010, 11:08 PM EST
But in comments to the media before the Lakers/Thunder game, he admitted that Pandora’s Box is open and the toils and sickness and complaining back in the box (as reported to the Daily News in LA)
“I wish I had it to do all over again, and starting 20 years ago I would be suspending Phil and Pat Riley (then coach of the New York Knicks) for all the games they play in the media, because you guys know our referees go out there and knock themselves out doing the best job they can.
“But we have coaches who try to work them publicly and what that does is erode fan confidence and you get some of the situations we’ve had. So our coaches should be quiet because this is a good business that makes them good livings and supports a lot of families. If they don’t like it they should go get a job someplace else.”
Right, like who is going to hire Phil Jackson to sell cars?
Rather than complaining about the complaining, more transparency for the referees might help. And not the lip service and small steps we’ve seen, but real transparency.
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 26
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 7
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 39
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 57
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 11
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13
- Mavericks suspend Rajon Rondo one game after argument with coach Rick Carlisle 43
- Derrick Rose is hurt again. Where do the Bulls go from here? 28