Apr 21, 2010, 3:57 PM EDT
When the Defensive Player of the Year voting was released yesterday, the NBA’s twitter pundits — of which we are a proud member — started picking apart the ballots. Like questioning the sanity of the person who voted for David Lee as the third best defensive player in the league, and wondering if that person ever watched Lee play?
Magic coach Stan Van Gundy told FanHouse he wanted to know what was up with the two voters who left Dwight Howard totally off their ballots.
“Those two people (who left him off completely) haven’t watched the NBA this year. No, they haven’t. Seriously, without getting into too much name calling, but you would have to be an absolute idiot,” he said. “Either you haven’t watched the NBA game, and shouldn’t have a ballot, or you know absolutely nothing about basketball. Nothing.”
We hear you Stan. We see that voting and often think the same thing. That or these ballots are filled out by the same Sports Information Directors as fill out those BCS poll ballots.
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 22
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 28
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16