Apr 21, 2010, 3:57 PM EDT
When the Defensive Player of the Year voting was released yesterday, the NBA’s twitter pundits — of which we are a proud member — started picking apart the ballots. Like questioning the sanity of the person who voted for David Lee as the third best defensive player in the league, and wondering if that person ever watched Lee play?
Magic coach Stan Van Gundy told FanHouse he wanted to know what was up with the two voters who left Dwight Howard totally off their ballots.
“Those two people (who left him off completely) haven’t watched the NBA this year. No, they haven’t. Seriously, without getting into too much name calling, but you would have to be an absolute idiot,” he said. “Either you haven’t watched the NBA game, and shouldn’t have a ballot, or you know absolutely nothing about basketball. Nothing.”
We hear you Stan. We see that voting and often think the same thing. That or these ballots are filled out by the same Sports Information Directors as fill out those BCS poll ballots.
- Carmelo Anthony: “I want to come back…I also want to win.” 15
- Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season 29
- Duke’s Jabari Parker says he will enter NBA Draft 25
- Report: Rick Adelman will not return as Timberwolves coach 12
- Kyrie Irving would be ‘excited’ if Cavaliers offer max contract extension 13