Apr 21, 2010, 3:57 PM EDT
When the Defensive Player of the Year voting was released yesterday, the NBA’s twitter pundits — of which we are a proud member — started picking apart the ballots. Like questioning the sanity of the person who voted for David Lee as the third best defensive player in the league, and wondering if that person ever watched Lee play?
Magic coach Stan Van Gundy told FanHouse he wanted to know what was up with the two voters who left Dwight Howard totally off their ballots.
“Those two people (who left him off completely) haven’t watched the NBA this year. No, they haven’t. Seriously, without getting into too much name calling, but you would have to be an absolute idiot,” he said. “Either you haven’t watched the NBA game, and shouldn’t have a ballot, or you know absolutely nothing about basketball. Nothing.”
We hear you Stan. We see that voting and often think the same thing. That or these ballots are filled out by the same Sports Information Directors as fill out those BCS poll ballots.
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 5
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37