Apr 21, 2010, 3:40 PM EST
LeBron James is not playing Joakim Noah’s game.
Not just on the court, where LeBron’s game is several notches above (no offense to Noah, who has proven to be a quality player, but LeBron’s game is several notches above all but a couple guys). But off it as well.
LeBron is not going to be insulting another city.
“It’s an awesome city. Great restaurants, great shopping,” said James, who spent three summers in Chicago while in high school working out at Michael Jordan’s facility. “I have nothing bad (to say) about Chicago, and I’m not saying that because of what he said about Cleveland. I’m dead serious. We all love Chicago.”
Because every time LeBron says anything it is somehow spun into a hit about his plans this summer — Chicago does have room for a max salary! — he said he also loves Cleveland and Akron. He may have thrown in Cuyahoga Falls and Willoughby as well, who knows.
But he’s right about this — there is a lot to love about Chicago. Everything, really, except the wind whipping through downtown in February.
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 11
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 5
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 33
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 51
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 11
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13
- Mavericks suspend Rajon Rondo one game after argument with coach Rick Carlisle 42
- Derrick Rose is hurt again. Where do the Bulls go from here? 28