Apr 21, 2010, 3:40 PM EDT
LeBron James is not playing Joakim Noah’s game.
Not just on the court, where LeBron’s game is several notches above (no offense to Noah, who has proven to be a quality player, but LeBron’s game is several notches above all but a couple guys). But off it as well.
LeBron is not going to be insulting another city.
“It’s an awesome city. Great restaurants, great shopping,” said James, who spent three summers in Chicago while in high school working out at Michael Jordan’s facility. “I have nothing bad (to say) about Chicago, and I’m not saying that because of what he said about Cleveland. I’m dead serious. We all love Chicago.”
Because every time LeBron says anything it is somehow spun into a hit about his plans this summer — Chicago does have room for a max salary! — he said he also loves Cleveland and Akron. He may have thrown in Cuyahoga Falls and Willoughby as well, who knows.
But he’s right about this — there is a lot to love about Chicago. Everything, really, except the wind whipping through downtown in February.
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 2
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 16
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 7
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 0
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 17
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 19
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6