We get it: Joakim Noah doesn't like Cleveland

Apr 20, 2010, 12:39 PM EST

The best part of the interview is when Noah rips Cleveland again, you can hear the Chicago-based writers start to laugh, but then realize the locals don’t find it so funny.

For the record, it is funny. Sorry Cleveland.

Tags: , , ,
  1. Clown Baby - Apr 20, 2010 at 2:07 PM

Also funny, being up 2-0.

2. oldgunslingerfan - Apr 20, 2010 at 3:12 PM

Very funny, and correct. I also have never heard anyone say that they are going to Cleveland for vacation. Maybe people have said it but I’ve never heard it in my 61 years of vacationing.

3. Oz - Apr 20, 2010 at 3:21 PM

Well, he won’t have to worry about going back there this season, cause Lebron is gonna sweep em aside.

4. Guess what - Apr 20, 2010 at 3:24 PM

Also funny is Bulls got 6 Rings….

5. Chris - Apr 20, 2010 at 4:07 PM

Dude is having a good series. But by running his mouth he pretty much guaranteed a loss for his team, so good on him. Lebron doesn’t let people talk smack to him and get away with it. I hope someone says something stupid every series until Cleveland wins in the finals for that matter. Thanks, idiot!

6. DUBS - Apr 20, 2010 at 4:16 PM

MAY BE HE SHOULD STAY IN CLEVELAND FOR VACATION AFTER THE CAVS SWEEP THE BULLS, (SIX RINGS/ W JORDAN!!!) DONT LIVE IN THE PAST!

7. Bondarri - Apr 20, 2010 at 5:26 PM

I not a big Shaq fan but I wish Shaq would trample this SHEMALE, Noah, and grind him to dust. He ought to keep his big mouth shut as sorry a player as he is.

8. JC - Apr 20, 2010 at 5:29 PM

…of which Hoah and his teammates have ZERO.

9. Bravesong - Apr 20, 2010 at 6:14 PM

This guy isn’t worth the c*** it would take to cover him up. Even if he was winning, he doesn’t have the right to denegrate the people of Cleveland. If only the ACL gods would rid us of having to hear him speak…..Couldn’t stand him in college either…..

10. maz - Apr 20, 2010 at 10:10 PM

Cleveland sucks. Lebron is a selfish jacka$$. These are facts.

11. MattC - Apr 21, 2010 at 12:06 AM

I’m from Cleveland and loyal as hell to this city. That said, I love a good roast, and I gotta admit, he’s pretty funny.
    He’s also one of the ugliest people I’ve ever seen.

12. cleveland transplant - Apr 21, 2010 at 7:13 AM

Having grew up in Cincy ,lived in Chicago for 5 years, now living in Cleveland. People really don’t get it about Cleveland…I used to never want to go to go Cleveland…Now I love it. believe it not, when friends from Chicago come to visit, they love it here. It’s actually a nice area. The six ring comment…..it’s 2010, not the 90’s

13. skip h - Apr 21, 2010 at 7:23 AM

What a loser.

14. 60eagles - Apr 21, 2010 at 9:12 AM

maz says…”Cleveland sucks. Lebron is a selfish jacka$$. These are facts.” Just where do I find these facts jackass maz.

15. brutus00 - Apr 21, 2010 at 9:16 AM

What a dumba$$ he is. Hello, over 99.9% of America is not a vacation destination. What new with that statement he said?? Don’t exactly see travel brochures out the whazoo for Chicago either $hithead! Another idiot arrogant athlete who gets in front of the microphone and thinks he word is the rules because why? Is he smart?? No, he gets paid a couple million dollars.
    maz… so why exactly is “Lebron a selfish jacka$$”?? What’s “facts” do you have besides spouting off the top of your head like another idiot ala Noah??

16. Dan - Apr 21, 2010 at 9:59 AM

Well if the Bulls should lose the series in Cleveland, say in game #5, then the fans in Cleveland could point out that Joakim Noah has infact come to Cleveland for a Vacation. Only problem is, The Bulls would have to win atleast 1 game in Chicago, good luck there.

17. NoahWho? - Apr 21, 2010 at 10:30 AM

We’ve got it all wrong! We should be GLAD that this tool doesn’t like Cleveland! Do you really want this piece of ____ in your hometown? Chicago has always been home to the dirtbags, crooks, and crooked politicians. This joke fits right in there. Noah, please feel free to stay in Chicago as long as you like. Keep the stench there.

18. AreUThatDumb - Apr 21, 2010 at 11:01 AM

Now let me think my team sucks really no chance of winning what should I do O yeah piss off the best player in the league. Maybe we will win that way. Ha

19. Dave Carver - Apr 21, 2010 at 12:00 PM

This discussion isn’t about rings, the guy is funny. I live in Southern California and also haven’t ever thought of booking a trip to Cleveland for a vacation.

20. Dave Johanson - Apr 21, 2010 at 12:22 PM

For the record, I’ve never heard anyone say they were going to Chicago for a vacation either. I’ve been to Chicago, nice enough city but definitely no vacation destination. That’s kind of a stupid standard to base a city’s merits on. Not surprising coming from a dimwit like Noah. Cleveland is actually a pretty cool place if you bother to find out what it has to offer.

21. Brian - Apr 21, 2010 at 4:28 PM

I have traveled everywhere, including Cleveland. I must say that ANY place is special if you have the courage to actually look and explore. Saying something so narrow-minded says more about the person than the subject.

22. luffy - Apr 25, 2010 at 9:02 PM

Noah has every right to say things that he wants to. remember folks, hes has 2 rings and an MOP award when he was in the NCAA. NBA is a business but College B is about prestige…
    Going back to the REAL topic, no disrespect to Cleveland but he really is funny and the attitude just brings more excitement to the series…

23. Anonymous - Apr 26, 2010 at 10:37 AM

Yes…and Noah was instrumental in how many of those rings? Oh yeah…James has no rings either, but as a professional baller, he’s carried his team further than Noah has.

24. Wayne Ripel - Apr 27, 2010 at 2:57 PM

This Chicago team collectively have none, so exactly what is your point? After Sunday’s loss, this series is history. You really want to try to compare Noah with Lebron. Wow, you are really streatching. Maybe rose could tie Lebron’s shoestrings, but that’s about it. Sorry, maybe next year, or the year after, or the year…. well, you get the point.

25. Wayne Ripel - Apr 27, 2010 at 3:02 PM

No, facts are verifiable. They are merely your rantings as your team gets sucked out into Lake Erie. If you really believe he is selfish, you are entitled to that belief. However, when a guy is averaging a triple double (includes assists), it tells me that you don’t know jack S**T about basketball.

Jabari Parker injury latest for disappointing rookie class
Top 10 NBA Player Searches