Apr 20, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT
According to a release (via Ridiculous Upside) that was necessary only in formalizing an already anticipated declaration, Mike Harris was named the MVP of the D-League this season.
Harris has been dynamite for the Rio Grande Valley Vipers this season, and he averaged 27.1 points (on 58 percent shooting), 10.5 rebounds, 1.9 assists, and 1.2 steals per game. He had 11 games with 30+ points, and scored in double-figures in every single one of his games in the D this season. In terms of D-League dominance, no player could match Harris’ longevity or dominance this season, and he was called-up to the NBA three times this season, the last of which scored him a spot on the Houston Rockets for the remainder of the season.
Harris has been assigned back to the Vipers for the time being, likely so he could continue to play in the D-League playoffs. Rio Grande Valley is currently battling the Spurs-affiliated Austin Toros for a spot in the D-League Finals, and last night Harris’ Vipers evened the second-round, best-of-three series at 1-1. As for Harris himself? Oh, nothing notable. He just dropped 41 points on 15-of-19 shooting, went perfect on four attempts from the arc, got to the line eight times, and grabbed 12 rebounds.
Harris doesn’t have an unguaranteed salary for next season like some of the other late-season D-League call-ups, but based on his thorough spanking of his opposition in the D and his effectiveness during limited playing time for the Rockets, I’d be shocked if he didn’t stick around with Houston for summer league and training camp.
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 40
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 18
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 13
- PBT Extra: Horford/Dellavedova incident ups tension in Hawks/Cavaliers Game 4 10
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 6