Apr 20, 2010, 2:01 PM EDT
With Kevin Garnett taking a league-requested night off, the question became who starts at the four tonight for Boston: Big Baby or Sheed.
Glen Davis, according to Kendrick Perkins and the Boston Herald. Rasheed Wallace will keep coming off the bench, which yesterday he said would be good with him.
The question becomes what happens when Dwyane Wade comes flying down the lane — Perkins and Garnett may be a little lower than they were two years ago, but they work well together on defense. They have a feel for each other’s game. They protect the paint. Davis does not have that, but he is going to have to come close tonight.
There is almost an expectation the Celtics will lose game two, at home. Davis can change that. If not, things just got a lot more difficult for Boston. A lot more difficult.
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 1
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 26
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 9
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 25
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 26
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 23