Apr 20, 2010, 2:01 PM EDT
With Kevin Garnett taking a league-requested night off, the question became who starts at the four tonight for Boston: Big Baby or Sheed.
Glen Davis, according to Kendrick Perkins and the Boston Herald. Rasheed Wallace will keep coming off the bench, which yesterday he said would be good with him.
The question becomes what happens when Dwyane Wade comes flying down the lane — Perkins and Garnett may be a little lower than they were two years ago, but they work well together on defense. They have a feel for each other’s game. They protect the paint. Davis does not have that, but he is going to have to come close tonight.
There is almost an expectation the Celtics will lose game two, at home. Davis can change that. If not, things just got a lot more difficult for Boston. A lot more difficult.
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 12
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 20
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14