Apr 20, 2010, 9:19 AM EDT
Yesterday we talked about the Milwaukee Bucks wanting to lock up John Salmons and trying to negotiate an extension for him. Of course they want to extend him, the Bucks have been a much-improved team since Salmons filled the shoes of the injured Michael Redd. They have been better than when Redd was playing, their offense is more balanced.
But Salmons may not feel the same way, at least according to Gery Woelfel of the Milwaukee Journal-Times.
The Bucks are seriously attempting to extend Salmons’ contract before possibly losing him to free agency this summer. But I’m hearing Salmons wants to test the free-agent waters and have the choice of playing where he wants to play the next couple of seasons.
This could be just negotiations — Salmons agent leaks his client wants to test the open waters of free agency in an effort to get the Bucks to offer more money. Or, it could be he really does want to pick his landing spot. Considering that Salmons has been traded at the deadline the last two seasons, he may have an idea of where he wants to play and who for.
Either way, Salmons staying with the Bucks is far from a sure thing.
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 11
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20