Apr 19, 2010, 12:56 PM EDT
UPDATE 12:55 PM: The Bobcats have announced that the MRI revealed no structural damage to Jackson’s knee. Just a bone bruise. He is now listed as day-to-day.
So Jackson was right, he probably is going to go Wednesday.
8: 56 am: Charlotte does not have a lot of great offensive options, which proved to be a real problem against Orlando and the current-and-soon-to-be-again Defensive Player of the Year in Dwight Howard.
Stephen Jackson is their best option, he was one of the few Bobcats willing to drive the ball into the teeth of he Orlando defense. He was the only one who seemed to drive in then still be able to get his shot off near Howard. However, he sat the final nine minutes of the last game — when it was still in reach — because coach Larry Brown did not want to risk further injury after he hyperextended his right knee.
Today Jackson will get an MRI to see just what is going on with that knee. But he told the Charlotte Observer he doesn’t need one to know he is not going to miss any more of Charlotte’s first trip to the playoffs.
Jackson said he’s playing in Game 2 Wednesday.
“Definitely!” he said.
For the Bobcats to stand a chance in this series, he is going to have to play. The steady diet of mid-range jumpers from Charlotte’s bigs will not win any games, let alone the series.
- Chris Bosh to fans who left Game 6 early: ‘Don’t come back for Game 7′ 11
- Wade says left knee sore, swollen, but will play through it 9
- Popovich explains decision to sit Duncan late in regulation of Game 6 14
- Game 6 was not Gregg Popovich’s best night 45
- LeBron James gets another triple-double, now favorite for Finals MVP 21
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (125)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (85)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- Chris Bosh blocks Spurs’ Game 6 comeback attempt (video) (79)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'
- Play Video: Green breaks NBA finals 3-point record