Apr 19, 2010, 10:10 PM EDT
The man who led Duke to a national championship has decided to stay in school for one more year and bask in the glory.
Kyle Singler announced that he is returning to school for his senior season.
“I love being here at Duke and am excited about next year,” Singler said. “I had two great options in front of me, but I did not want to miss out on all of the great things to come in a senior season.”
Singler averaged 17.7 points and 7 rebounds per game, plus shot 40 percent from three last season. Most draft projections had him going late in the first round. This has helped some people climb the draft board as they have added to their games, but a lot of seniors also have had scouts really pick apart the details of their game and their stock has fallen in that extra year.
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 1
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14