Apr 19, 2010, 10:10 PM EDT
The man who led Duke to a national championship has decided to stay in school for one more year and bask in the glory.
Kyle Singler announced that he is returning to school for his senior season.
“I love being here at Duke and am excited about next year,” Singler said. “I had two great options in front of me, but I did not want to miss out on all of the great things to come in a senior season.”
Singler averaged 17.7 points and 7 rebounds per game, plus shot 40 percent from three last season. Most draft projections had him going late in the first round. This has helped some people climb the draft board as they have added to their games, but a lot of seniors also have had scouts really pick apart the details of their game and their stock has fallen in that extra year.
- Report: Phil Jackson’s camp doesn’t believe agreement with Knicks is close 8
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 13
- Phil Jackson reportedly close to taking Knicks job, nobody asked Carmelo about it 37
- PBT Power Rankings: Tell me again how the Spurs are too old…. 13
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 14