Apr 19, 2010, 9:47 AM EDT
Luol Deng was just not right Saturday. He was 5 of 15 shooting, just 3 of 10 on shots outside the key as he settled for jumpers rather than attack the rim. His decision making was not good in the offense. And he had that little task of trying to guard some guy named LeBron James.
Deng struggled, and the Bulls struggled.
Deng told the Chicago Tribune that he is not right physically.
“I don’t feel good at all,” Deng said after practice Sunday in preparation for Game 2 of the Bulls’ Eastern Conference quarterfinal series with the Cavaliers. “The calf strain took a lot out of me. And it’s still bothering me. I missed 12 games, but I wanted to get back into it because I know I’m needed for the playoffs.
“You want to be 100 percent, but at this time of the season, you’re not going to be. My name is on the roster. I’m out there and playing. So I have to do what I have to do.”
Deng missed the Bulls epic series with the Celtics last year because of an injury This year he is fighting through the pain, and so far he has not making a triumphant showing, He’s going to have to if the Bulls are to have any chance of winning a game or two in this series and making it interesting.
- Report: Dante Exum diagnosed with torn ACL 7
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 23
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 7
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 24
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9