Apr 19, 2010, 9:47 AM EDT
Luol Deng was just not right Saturday. He was 5 of 15 shooting, just 3 of 10 on shots outside the key as he settled for jumpers rather than attack the rim. His decision making was not good in the offense. And he had that little task of trying to guard some guy named LeBron James.
Deng struggled, and the Bulls struggled.
Deng told the Chicago Tribune that he is not right physically.
“I don’t feel good at all,” Deng said after practice Sunday in preparation for Game 2 of the Bulls’ Eastern Conference quarterfinal series with the Cavaliers. “The calf strain took a lot out of me. And it’s still bothering me. I missed 12 games, but I wanted to get back into it because I know I’m needed for the playoffs.
“You want to be 100 percent, but at this time of the season, you’re not going to be. My name is on the roster. I’m out there and playing. So I have to do what I have to do.”
Deng missed the Bulls epic series with the Celtics last year because of an injury This year he is fighting through the pain, and so far he has not making a triumphant showing, He’s going to have to if the Bulls are to have any chance of winning a game or two in this series and making it interesting.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 17
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 30
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 40
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 30