Apr 18, 2010, 12:42 AM EDT
The Utah Jazz need another injury like the world needs another Starbucks.
But it happened anyway. Starting Utah center Mehmet Okur re-injured the left Achilles tendon that has bothered him coming into the playoffs. He left in the second quarter, unable to put weight on his leg and being helped to the locker room, and will not play again in this game and his status for the rest of the series is in question.
He will undergo an MRI on Sunday.
The front line of the Jazz is already banged up, with Andrei Kirilenko out for the entire series and Carlos Boozer trying to play through pain. In a very close series with the Nuggets, this injury is going to mean a lot more Paul Milsap and Kyrylo Fesenko is going to have to step up in the playoffs,
Despite it all, the Jazz are hanging tough with the Nuggets in Denver.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 43
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 6
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5