Apr 18, 2010, 12:42 AM EDT
The Utah Jazz need another injury like the world needs another Starbucks.
But it happened anyway. Starting Utah center Mehmet Okur re-injured the left Achilles tendon that has bothered him coming into the playoffs. He left in the second quarter, unable to put weight on his leg and being helped to the locker room, and will not play again in this game and his status for the rest of the series is in question.
He will undergo an MRI on Sunday.
The front line of the Jazz is already banged up, with Andrei Kirilenko out for the entire series and Carlos Boozer trying to play through pain. In a very close series with the Nuggets, this injury is going to mean a lot more Paul Milsap and Kyrylo Fesenko is going to have to step up in the playoffs,
Despite it all, the Jazz are hanging tough with the Nuggets in Denver.
- Report: Mavericks looking to move No. 13 pick to clear out cap space for run at Howard, CP3 21
- Report: Mike Krzyzewski to return, coach Team USA in 2016 Olympics 12
- Lakers GM Kupchak denies he, Howard talked about D’Antoni 17
- Kevin Love and Flip Saunders hitting it off 6
- Three things about Game 2: Tony Parker is that good but Randolph, Grizzlies figuring it out 6
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (88)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Live Extra: Watch Penguins-Senators, Game 4
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- PBT: Rugged Pacers hope to slow high-flying Heat
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree tears achilles, out six months