Apr 18, 2010, 12:42 AM EDT
The Utah Jazz need another injury like the world needs another Starbucks.
But it happened anyway. Starting Utah center Mehmet Okur re-injured the left Achilles tendon that has bothered him coming into the playoffs. He left in the second quarter, unable to put weight on his leg and being helped to the locker room, and will not play again in this game and his status for the rest of the series is in question.
He will undergo an MRI on Sunday.
The front line of the Jazz is already banged up, with Andrei Kirilenko out for the entire series and Carlos Boozer trying to play through pain. In a very close series with the Nuggets, this injury is going to mean a lot more Paul Milsap and Kyrylo Fesenko is going to have to step up in the playoffs,
Despite it all, the Jazz are hanging tough with the Nuggets in Denver.
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 21
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 62
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 70
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 23
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 42
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8