Apr 18, 2010, 12:42 AM EST
The Utah Jazz need another injury like the world needs another Starbucks.
But it happened anyway. Starting Utah center Mehmet Okur re-injured the left Achilles tendon that has bothered him coming into the playoffs. He left in the second quarter, unable to put weight on his leg and being helped to the locker room, and will not play again in this game and his status for the rest of the series is in question.
He will undergo an MRI on Sunday.
The front line of the Jazz is already banged up, with Andrei Kirilenko out for the entire series and Carlos Boozer trying to play through pain. In a very close series with the Nuggets, this injury is going to mean a lot more Paul Milsap and Kyrylo Fesenko is going to have to step up in the playoffs,
Despite it all, the Jazz are hanging tough with the Nuggets in Denver.
- Duke’s Jabari Parker doesn’t back away from Carmelo Anthony comparison 5
- Michael Carter-Williams returns to Sixers lineup Friday against Nets 5
- Report: Bulls not looking to trade Luol Deng. Why would you think that? 14
- Kendrick Perkins tells Joakim Noah to “get your a– up out’ of Thunder locker room 35
- The Extra Pass: Chicago’s never-ending story, plus Thursday’s recaps 2
- Kobe Bryant is out six weeks with fracture in the left knee (70)
- LeBron did foul Paul George on final shot but there was no call (VIDEO) (60)
- Chicago columnist hammers Derrick Rose as no longer humble star (56)
- Report: Heat have interest in Celtics’ Jordan Crawford (50)
- LeBron angrily goes after Mario Chalmers on the Heat bench (VIDEO) (50)