Apr 18, 2010, 12:42 AM EDT
The Utah Jazz need another injury like the world needs another Starbucks.
But it happened anyway. Starting Utah center Mehmet Okur re-injured the left Achilles tendon that has bothered him coming into the playoffs. He left in the second quarter, unable to put weight on his leg and being helped to the locker room, and will not play again in this game and his status for the rest of the series is in question.
He will undergo an MRI on Sunday.
The front line of the Jazz is already banged up, with Andrei Kirilenko out for the entire series and Carlos Boozer trying to play through pain. In a very close series with the Nuggets, this injury is going to mean a lot more Paul Milsap and Kyrylo Fesenko is going to have to step up in the playoffs,
Despite it all, the Jazz are hanging tough with the Nuggets in Denver.
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 10
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 7
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 0
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 16
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 18
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34