Apr 18, 2010, 12:42 AM EDT
The Utah Jazz need another injury like the world needs another Starbucks.
But it happened anyway. Starting Utah center Mehmet Okur re-injured the left Achilles tendon that has bothered him coming into the playoffs. He left in the second quarter, unable to put weight on his leg and being helped to the locker room, and will not play again in this game and his status for the rest of the series is in question.
He will undergo an MRI on Sunday.
The front line of the Jazz is already banged up, with Andrei Kirilenko out for the entire series and Carlos Boozer trying to play through pain. In a very close series with the Nuggets, this injury is going to mean a lot more Paul Milsap and Kyrylo Fesenko is going to have to step up in the playoffs,
Despite it all, the Jazz are hanging tough with the Nuggets in Denver.
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 0
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 5
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18
- Bulls pull away in double-overtime to take 3-0 lead over Bucks 10
- LeBron James lifts Kyrie Irving and Cavaliers to 3-0 lead over Celtics 13
- PBT Extra: Thin bench becomes big issue for Clippers against Spurs 7