Apr 18, 2010, 12:42 AM EDT
The Utah Jazz need another injury like the world needs another Starbucks.
But it happened anyway. Starting Utah center Mehmet Okur re-injured the left Achilles tendon that has bothered him coming into the playoffs. He left in the second quarter, unable to put weight on his leg and being helped to the locker room, and will not play again in this game and his status for the rest of the series is in question.
He will undergo an MRI on Sunday.
The front line of the Jazz is already banged up, with Andrei Kirilenko out for the entire series and Carlos Boozer trying to play through pain. In a very close series with the Nuggets, this injury is going to mean a lot more Paul Milsap and Kyrylo Fesenko is going to have to step up in the playoffs,
Despite it all, the Jazz are hanging tough with the Nuggets in Denver.
- Report: Lakers to officially declare Kobe Bryant out for the season 0
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker suspended one game for blow to head of Blake Griffin 8
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 14
- Report: Phil Jackson expected to finalize contract with Knicks by end of week 32
- The Extra Pass: Gerald Green doesn’t regret moment of his winding journey to NBA stardom 11