Apr 18, 2010, 12:42 AM EDT
The Utah Jazz need another injury like the world needs another Starbucks.
But it happened anyway. Starting Utah center Mehmet Okur re-injured the left Achilles tendon that has bothered him coming into the playoffs. He left in the second quarter, unable to put weight on his leg and being helped to the locker room, and will not play again in this game and his status for the rest of the series is in question.
He will undergo an MRI on Sunday.
The front line of the Jazz is already banged up, with Andrei Kirilenko out for the entire series and Carlos Boozer trying to play through pain. In a very close series with the Nuggets, this injury is going to mean a lot more Paul Milsap and Kyrylo Fesenko is going to have to step up in the playoffs,
Despite it all, the Jazz are hanging tough with the Nuggets in Denver.
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 0
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 11
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 12
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 10
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 16
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11